Talk

Advanced search

Pregnant? See how your baby develops, your body changes, and what you can expect during each week of your pregnancy with the Mumsnet Pregnancy Calendar.

Brown discharge

(14 Posts)
Iska Sun 21-Jan-18 11:07:51

Hello I'm hoping someone can help me,

I have had brown discharge for around 24 hours this has now stopped!

According to my dates, the date I had sex, to when fertilisation would take place etc all adds up! Thing is I would of be 2 weeks pregnant today so cannot take a test yet,

Is this a sign of early pregnancy?

Kirst96 Sun 21-Jan-18 11:51:23

Brown blood is old blood so this could be a sign of implantation! Best of luck 😊

Iska Sun 21-Jan-18 12:21:26

How long should I leave it before I do a test? I'm so impatient!

Kirst96 Mon 22-Jan-18 11:07:21

Tests are pretty sensitive these days I got a positive a day before my missed period but don't get disheartened if come back negative as some people don't test positive until week or two late

Iska Mon 22-Jan-18 23:20:50

I have put a tampon in about an hour ago as it has been brown discharge but then it seems to be turning more red like period colour even though my period is not due for another 10ish days (sorry for tmi) but seems like it isn't pregnancy to me now!

Kirst96 Tue 23-Jan-18 13:07:30

Oh bless you.. Well best of luck and hope everything does work out for you smile

umizoomi Tue 23-Jan-18 13:15:29

Not sure what you mean by 2 weeks pregnant?

In a normal 28 day cycle, fertilisation occurs at 2 weeks, next period due 2 weeks alter so if then pregnant that would be 4 weeks pregnant (from date of last period)

Is your period due? If so, a test will tell you. It could be implantation bleeding around the time period due.

Iska Wed 24-Jan-18 00:32:26

Hi, sorry I'm really bad at trying to explain things ha! so from the time of conception would of been two weeks ago my period is due on about 9 days, I'm very regular it keeps stopping and starting so brown discharge then a light bleed now nothing?

umizoomi Fri 26-Jan-18 10:22:48

You need to count from the 1st date of your last period.

So if that was say Monday 1st Jan, your next period would be due on Monday 29th (assuming you have a 28 cycle) if you test on Monday and it's positive you are 4 weeks pregnant. It doesn't count from conception.

The time from conception to next period is around 14 days. So if your period isn't due for 9 days and you say you think you conceived 14 days ago then that makes 23 days from conception to period - not likely

Iska Sat 27-Jan-18 03:15:59

Thank you for the advice but I'm a little unsure what you mean my last period started 30/12/17 and ended 6/12/17 from which I could of conceived after this date would I get a negative test or positive at this point?

peachgreen Sat 27-Jan-18 06:43:01

Do you have regular cycles? If so, test on the day your period is due. Conception date depends on so many factors (the length of your cycle, the length of your luteal phase, how long the sperm survived etc) that it's hard to pinpoint a date.

If you had unprotected sex after your last period finished then you could be pregnant, and the best time to test is the day after your next period is due. Some people get positives earlier than that but in general, that's when you'll get the most accurate results.

AnUtterIdiot Sat 27-Jan-18 07:03:44

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

AnUtterIdiot Sat 27-Jan-18 07:06:05

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

PLFDiDi Sat 27-Jan-18 07:43:05

Try not to test until a few days after period was due. It will reduce the monthly emotional rollercoaster. It's so exciting though 😝😱😃😍😬. Make sure you are going through this with someone xx

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: