Talk

Advanced search

Do I need to take PLAN B after this experience?

(7 Posts)
jalapeno1234 Sat 13-Jan-18 20:57:09

I want to be clear that this isnt a troll question, I was brought up a strict Christian and have never been able to ask sex questions at age 24 cos we were taught never to do it outside of marriage...anyway, around 20 hours ago, me and my partner were "fooling around" with eachother. I am almost sex phobic due to a pregnancy scare with a failed relationship in 2016 and ever since I put myself on a sex hiatus...then I started seeing a lovely guy in september. As you can see....we are taking it verrry slow. We have only made out...dry humped and fooled around with clothes on but last night, whilst still being cautious..we started to mutually masterbate IN OUR UNDERWEAR...(sorry, tmi!!!)..only very early stages though as we are both very shy with one another intimately. I felt him PC in his underwear and i also felt myself a little wet...the problem lies in the fact that after i was done touching him (neither of us finished as it was brief..) i went and panic-checked to see how wet i was...with some of the same fingers i used to make him feel good. My rational brain tells me we had absolutely no penetration(we lay next to eachother and not ON one another..) but the irrational panicky mind says - i was on my day 16/17 and though i ovulate very very early..(days 12-14) I feel risky...I went to a pharmacy around 4 hours ago where a nurse looked concerned and said "oh darling, yes thats risky, take it!"... along with a nice 30pound morning after pill.
I took this in 2016 and my periods were messed up after, along with dizzyness. Im due on in around 9 days.
Am I being irrational or should i take it?

Inthishouse Sat 13-Jan-18 21:02:44

Take it just to be on the safe side. Highly unlikely but if there's even a small chance then it'll do your head in for the rest of the month

TwinkleStars15 Sat 13-Jan-18 21:09:21

If it’ll make you feel better then take it but personally I would not be worried at all, it’s hardly even worth giving another thought to!

jalapeno1234 Sat 13-Jan-18 21:27:46

I've gone and took it, in the long run ill be better off mentally haha but now im panicking about the side effects and explaining it to my family....

I was fine the previous two times ive took it but i lived with my partner in a whole other city so didnt need to hide anything if i DID get symptoms...ughh talk about anxiety!
thanks guys

AyeAyeFishyPie Sat 13-Jan-18 21:43:17

Why don't you start the pill? It will put your mind at ease

jalapeno1234 Sun 14-Jan-18 09:57:36

Sound stupid but i am severly emetophobic ; friends of mine have been to hell and back with symptoms from it...plus, as much as I do NOT want a baby now, I think Id do my anxious mind a favour if I just stay off anything unless I do begin having intercourse..
But, you are rational...my mind just isnt at the moment ha

AyeAyeFishyPie Sun 14-Jan-18 13:43:44

No im saying it because I have anxiety and i was EXACTLY the same as you - I remember feeling as you are very very clearly. I used to replay every encounter with my bf and think ‘what if there was something on his fingers, how long before he touched me.’ It got so bad i douched with soap and got very very bad thrush. Looking back, it ruined the intimate side of our relationship. Even if you don’t have full sex, a contraceptive would just be a comfort. I was never sick on the pill but I did change to a coil - could you try that? It really isn’t worth the anxiety x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now