Talk

Advanced search

Relocating- transition of maternity care

(6 Posts)
petitehele Sat 13-Jan-18 19:56:50

Hello all

Will be relocating to Milton Keynes from Essex at the end of this month, I am 13weeks pregnant tomorrow, has anyone transferred their maternity care previously from a different borough and where do I start? Had a good look online but have no clue apart from hospital facilities hmm

Thanks!

DontBuyANewMumCashmere Sat 13-Jan-18 20:02:59

Yes I moved at 36 weeks!

As house purchase went through (around 25-30 weeks?) I rang new GP and had some post sent to new address (with homeowner's permission) so I could officially register as a new patient. I asked to see a MW straight away and at 36 weeks agreed a home birth - their limit for HB requests.
From then on all my dealings were with new healthcare trust. I had my own notes of course anyway.

Good luck hope all goes smoothly for you. Definitely a stressful time! smile

Duckstar Sat 13-Jan-18 20:06:32

I moved at 20 weeks. Registered at new GP. Got a midwife appointment and she booked me into local hospital. I went for one appointment there, disliked consultant and then got transferred to another hospital. I did have 3 set of notes by end. So easily come, but registering with GP is most important.

petitehele Sat 13-Jan-18 20:23:59

Thanks for the replies! so i need to locate a new GP first... it's so different to where i live now, they have an email/voice msg system where you leave your details once you find out you are pregnant, then the midwives call you!

I'll definitely start looking at a GP practice to register for then, due to move in 2 weeks!! stressful but exciting times smile

Loosemoose28 Sat 13-Jan-18 20:45:38

Have you has your 12 weeks scan yet? Thats your main appointment for now if you want the screening.

Then just call new GP and tell them you are pregnant and need a midwife appointment x

petitehele Sat 13-Jan-18 21:22:53

had my 12w scan but i was early (11+3) so have to go back at 15w, also told baby is small for dates so i'll have scans every 3 weeks, already had my first routine bloods + down syndrome blood test, all well so far smile i do have some complicated medical history and my 1st pregnancy was small for dates too, had consultants as well as mw appointments for my last so I'm really hoping i can find a good GP that will look after me!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now