Talk

Advanced search

SPD will they induce me early due to pain?

(7 Posts)
Lauren1995x Sat 13-Jan-18 17:30:29

recently had midwife for 31 week check up - have been told i have SPD i have been referred to a physio - but the pain is just so intense i am now 32 weeks will they induce me early as the pain is just gonna get more severe!

Chelsea26 Sat 13-Jan-18 17:38:06

I got induced on my due date because of SPD - they wouldn’t do it sooner and to be honest I had to stage a sit in to get them to do it then! I had it from 5 months and by the time I was due I was on crutches and could barely get upstairs.

On the plus side it went pretty much immediately after birth and I didn’t get it in my second pregnancy.

HumphreyCobblers Sat 13-Jan-18 17:43:20

They moved my c section to four days earlier because of my 'moderate to severe' spd. It was pretty tough going but I was SO grateful for those four days, I could have hugged the doctor that arranged it.

flowers for you, SPD is so grim.

Lauren1995x Sat 13-Jan-18 19:19:17

Chelsea26 - Oooh i see did it make labour more painful having spd im slightly worried as im small as it is haha , yeah ive had it no since around 28 weeks but its got awful im thinking of buying the belt too. thanks for your reply

HumphreyCobblers - did they arrange a c sec due to the spd or other reasons? thats another thing scaring me slightly having to have a c sec instead... sad and i knw its awful i cant even make it up the stairs properly

00alwaysbusymum Sat 13-Jan-18 19:31:40

I was induced because of my Spd , I wanted to go full term so they didn't do it until the week I was due. The Spd symptoms almost disappeared when I went into labour - it was amazing! I went from crutches to labour.

Before it had been terrible- I was crying daily because of the pain

happy2bhomely Sat 13-Jan-18 19:51:21

I had very bad spd in 3 out 5 pregnancies. I was told that it was not a reason for induction or cs. They did give me a sweep on my due date though.

I had a home birth with dc4. I struggled the most with that pregnancy. I think it was because he was my heaviest. He weighed just over 11lbs at birth. The relief, once he was out of my pelvis, was amazing but I still had pain for as long as I was breastfeeding. It improved drastically after I stopped.

My youngest is now almost 5 and I still get twinges that make me catch my breath but nothing like those days where I couldn't turn over in bed without crying in pain.

moanaschicken Sat 13-Jan-18 19:55:11

I had SPD from 25 weeks with my first, was told it had to be severe for them to do anything. I struggled considerably and was on crutches. With my second the SPD saw me on crutches by 16 weeks and barely able to walk by 35. For this reason they gave me a requested c-section. However knowing how it had been previously I had been making sure the SPD was noted every midwife appointment so they knew how severe it was. I had to be very forceful in my discussions throughout though.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now