Talk

Advanced search

14 +3 and boobs shrinking ? also really stressed

(5 Posts)
Sarah1087 Sat 13-Jan-18 17:23:07

hi I'm not having a great time at the moment. the last couple of days have been really stressful to the point We are having to get an injunction out on my OH ex as she is stalking me. It's really got me down and I'm worried I've hurt my baby being so stressed. I've notice my boobs don't look or feel as big. We are going in for a gender scan in 2 weeks but I'm unsure I should wait that long. Especially me being so upset. All I keep thinking if this has hurt my baby I will loose it all.
I had a perfect scan at 12 +6 and now wondering if I could've caused a missed miscarriage.

I would just like someone to try put me at ease as this weekend is going to drag.

QueenAravisOfArchenland Sat 13-Jan-18 18:23:06

Stress doesn't affect the baby in the womb; if it did, would there be so many unwanted pregnancies or any need for terminations? Women living in active war zones have healthy babies every day.

Nobody can ever tell you definitively that you haven't had a missed miscarriage but the odds are extremely low - it's 99% or more that everything is fine.

Sarah1087 Sat 13-Jan-18 19:02:24

Thanks queen.

I think with everything that's been going off I'm overthinking everything.

Whatamuddleduck Sat 13-Jan-18 19:32:21

Mine started deflating around the same time. 24 weeks now. I think it was bloating subsiding. Could it be that?

mindutopia Sun 14-Jan-18 07:47:36

You'll be fine. You can't stress yourself into a miscarriage (unless you like live in a war zone). I've had the most stressful year of my life and I have a healthy, low risk pregnancy and have had no problems.

It's normal for your boobs to change size. Mine didn't even change size this pregnancy (though they did a tiny bit with my first). It's likely just your perception they have gotten smaller as they tend to stop being so tender at the end of 1st tri, or if they have gotten smaller, it's likely because the early pregnancy hormones made them swell to begin with. You have a hormone surge up to around 12 ish weeks and then it subsides when your placenta starts to work. The fact you are losing some symptoms means your placenta is healthy and doing what it should be doing and that's a good thing. I'd wait out your scan until baby is a bit bigger as it's very likely all is fine and you'll enjoy it so much more in a few more weeks time.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now