Talk

Advanced search

Worried.. 6 weeks pregnant with brown discharge

(8 Posts)
Kirst96 Sat 13-Jan-18 16:51:57

First time Mum to be so completely new to all this.. have experienced a brown/pink discharge when wiping twice today.. Everything has been completely normal until this morning. No cramping just a small stitch like feeling on left side of body and usual sickness and headaches. Just looking for some advice on what I should do and if anyone else has experienced this. Thankyou

milney25 Sat 13-Jan-18 16:54:07

Hi there. I've had a lot of this in my first trimester and searched the internet high and low. I called the EPU and went in for a scan for reassurance. I'm now 11+5 and am still having spotting. Last scan was Thursday and everything was OK.

ClareB83 Sat 13-Jan-18 17:01:15

This isn't a big deal. Just try not to worry.

Kirst96 Sat 13-Jan-18 17:02:32

Thankyou for replying really put my mind at rest thinking if it carries on will do that and congratulations and best of luck with your little one x

thingymaboob Sat 13-Jan-18 17:41:04

It may or may not be a miscarriage. I am 40+1 and had spotting / brown discharge around 6/7 for a few days. I was convinced it was a miscarriage as I'd previously had spotting and brown discharge at 6/7 weeks in first pregnancy which was a miscarriage. There's nothing you can do at this point, it's just a waiting game. Maybe call EPU?

Macarena1980 Sat 13-Jan-18 17:45:46

I had this and the stitch pain at 6 weeks, now 34 weeks and all good. Try not to worry but call the EPU if it helps to put your mind at rest, or even book a private scan. We had this at 8 weeks and I found it reassuring. Hope all goes well for you.

zooz Sat 13-Jan-18 17:57:01

With DC1 I had spotting for just one day at 6 weeks and I was really worried, but everything was fine.

danTDM Sat 13-Jan-18 18:01:43

Exactly the same thing happened to me at 6 weeks, quite common. Brown blood is old blood and nothing to worry about.

(Mine then went red and was a haematoma, still alright, but that is a bit more serious! Lots and lots of bright red blood hmm)

Brown blood is nothing to worry about at all.

TRY not to worry flowers

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: