Talk

Advanced search

Pregnant? See how your baby develops, your body changes, and what you can expect during each week of your pregnancy with the Mumsnet Pregnancy Calendar.

Pregnancy, Fitbit and resting heart rate

(11 Posts)
AnMum Sat 13-Jan-18 16:48:49

I know I am being ridiculous, just need someone to tell me! 10 weeks pregnant. Before I even found out I was pregnant, resting heart rate went up fairly significantly and continued to do so over first few weeks. Last week or so it has stayed around the same but fallen slightly. This is not a sign of an issue is it? This will be DC3 but had a MMC that we only found out about at 12w scan so extra anxious this time around. Please tell me I’m being silly. Before pregnancy my resting bear rate was around 62, it’s been up to 76, but today 72.

Intelinside Sat 13-Jan-18 18:55:59

Being pregnant of what is raising your heart rate.

Intelinside Sat 13-Jan-18 18:56:09

Is what*

gamerchick Sat 13-Jan-18 18:57:44

I would expect it to go up. Your body is growing a new human, blood volume goes up.

Lules Sat 13-Jan-18 18:57:59

Women have found out they are pregnant by their heart rate going up! It’s normal.

Lules Sat 13-Jan-18 18:59:21

Sorry I’ve just re-read. Do you mean you’re worried that it’s dropped? If so that’s a tiny drop so I really wouldn’t be worried.

molifly Sat 13-Jan-18 19:07:27

The heart rate monitor in a Fitbit is so unreliable it may not be accurate

AnMum Sat 13-Jan-18 19:14:33

Yes, it is the downward trend that has worried me...

AnMum Sat 13-Jan-18 19:15:32

THey are accurate enough that i have suspected I was pregnant when it was too early to test on both the two previous occasions...

Bluebirdsky Sat 13-Jan-18 19:17:09

It doesn't sound like a massive change up or down; mine varies that much when I am not pregnant. I wouldn't read anything into it.

mrssmith1415 Sat 13-Jan-18 23:31:53

I’m a health practitioner and wouldn’t be concerned with those variants. Fitbits arent always very accurate either. It’s easy to worry when you’ve had such a heartbreaking experience before though. Try to look after yourself as much as you can, heart rate can also rise due to anxiety amongst other factors.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: