Talk

Advanced search

Pregnant? See how your baby develops, your body changes, and what you can expect during each week of your pregnancy with the Mumsnet Pregnancy Calendar.

Something or nothing? Baby teasing me now!

(13 Posts)
owltrousers Sat 13-Jan-18 10:31:50

Hello all. I'm 40+1 today. I've been having 'twinges' since 37 weeks, been engaged since 36, everyone told me that baby would be early, you know the drill.

I had my stretch & sweep yesterday, midwife said my cervix was medium soft, nice and forward but still quite long. 1cm dilated. I found the sweep incredibly uncomfortable but at the end the midwife said she could feel the babys head, which was a good sign.

Lots of bleeding on the way home / couple of hours after then mucus-ey blood and then brown sludgy mucus (lovely!) The sweep was at 1pm, DTD with DH at 6pm and then by 7pm I was having painful but irregular contractions and lots of cramping. This continued until 10pm when I was suddenly overcome with tiredness so went to bed.

Woke up this morning to no pain, no nothing. I guess nothing came of the sweep, or is it too early to tell? Going to try and get things started again today by going on a long walk, ball bouncing and maybe try to DTD again. Any other tips?

So impatient now, come on baby!

UnitedKungdom Sat 13-Jan-18 10:35:50

Best tip is to get on with things as normal and not think you can do anything about it because you can't unfortunately.

It will happen soon and you will know when it's happening. If you have to wonder then it's not worth considering that it's labour.

This is how I approach it anyway.

keepingbees Sat 13-Jan-18 11:04:28

I had 2 sweeps with my youngest. Both made me bleed a bit and cramp but it came to nothing. In my experience sweeps tend to just upset things but I don't think they work unless you were about to go into labour anyway.
Sounds like you've not got long to go though, my cervix was hard, high and unfavourable on both sweeps, but both times they said things can change very quickly so not to be disheartened.

thingymaboob Sat 13-Jan-18 11:24:36

40+1 here too. Same situation really. Had a sweep at 1cm dilated 2 days ago. Had about 5 contractions in the following 24 hours and had a big bloody show followed by lots of thick mucus. Haven't had a contraction since 2pm yesterday. I'm bouncing on my ball too and planning on a walk. I have been violently sick this morning but I do suffer with hyperemesis. Feel too ill to go for a walk.

owltrousers Sat 13-Jan-18 14:50:34

@thingymaboob Its frustrating isn't it! I'm hoping the contractions from last night weren't for nothing as they were very painful.

I've had a few contractions today but I think they were just braxton hicks. I went for a 3 mile walk and now I am getting a few aches and twinges but nothing major.

Time to DTD I think.

thingymaboob Sat 13-Jan-18 22:50:35

@owltrousers still nothing here 😭

Hotpinkangel19 Sat 13-Jan-18 23:03:12

@owltrousers @thingymaboob Same here.
@owltrousers I could have written your post. I'm 41 weeks, on stretch and sweep no 4 and everything stopped!!!!!

owltrousers Sun 14-Jan-18 10:37:06

@thingymaboob @Hotpinkangel19 Still nothing! Was getting contractions again last night from around 8pm - 11pm but not as strong as before. Again, they went away.

Feeling odd today, bit crampy like a period and a bit nauseas maybe. Hopefully thats a good sign.

How are you guys going?

thingymaboob Sun 14-Jan-18 10:52:14

Nothing here either! Lots of mucus coming away, even after I had my bloody show. Oh god! Come on!

Hotpinkangel19 Sun 14-Jan-18 12:06:07

Slight period pains but nothing really promising!!!! I just want baby here now!!!

beansbananas Sun 14-Jan-18 12:30:40

The sweep worked for me at 41 weeks. About 12 hours later I started having contractions, but my labour was very long and it was another exhausting 48 hours before baby arrived. You will know if it's a contraction even if there are long gaps between them. Mine started every 15-20 mins. It's an indescribable pain, and there is no mistaking it!

owltrousers Mon 15-Jan-18 10:37:15

Last night I woke up with contractions but they soon faded to BH and then again to nothing! Baby was also very wriggly and I could almost feel him getting noticeably lower.

I am booked in for another sweep but not until Friday sad I guess lots more walking is on the cards today!

Mrstobe90 Mon 15-Jan-18 12:48:42

Hang in there OP! Get some pineapple down you and spend some time snuggling up to your DH!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: