Talk

Advanced search

Storage and reheating Dr Browns bottles

(7 Posts)
Smellybears Sat 13-Jan-18 06:45:39

Hello all!
I have a question about the Dr Browns bottles.
So after much deliberation and a lot of useful advice from you all on here, thank you, I have decided to make up a batch of formula, flash cool and store in bottom of fridge. My question is, with the Dr Browns bottles, once I’ve measured the formula into the bottles do I make up the components of the bottle and put in fridge or do I leave the vent in the sterilizer then once warmed add the vent thing? Do I store in fridge with just the teat on or a travel cap?
When warming in a jug of hot water, do I leave the vent out and then add it once the formula is at the desired temperature? Do I reheat with just a teat on?
Thank you! smile

BikeRunSki Sat 13-Jan-18 06:55:54

Just make it all up, all parts of the bottle so all you have to do is warm it when you need it. It’ll stay most sterile if you open the bottle as little as possible. We never used the travel discs though. Even when travelling.

Smellybears Sat 13-Jan-18 07:01:06

Thank you! I’ve ready many problems about the bottles leaking, have you found them to be ok when you reheat them with all the parts?

BikeRunSki Sat 13-Jan-18 07:05:38

Well, my yiungest is 6 now, but we had no problems reheating.

Smellybears Sat 13-Jan-18 07:06:44

smile

bigfishlittlefishtupperwarebox Sat 13-Jan-18 07:10:24

We found the dr browns bottles leaked, but only if you shook them. You just have to kind of swill them around rather than shaking them when you're mixing the formula.

HandbagFan Sat 13-Jan-18 09:38:57

As PP said, we’ve never used a travel disc ever.

And Dr Browns bottles do leak if you shake. Keep to a swirl and you’ll be fine. It’s the opposite of James Bond - stirred not shaken!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now