Talk

Advanced search

Lower back pain

(5 Posts)
Mrstobe90 Sat 13-Jan-18 02:10:58

I’m 35 weeks and for the past couple of months, I’ve had lower back pain which is gradually getting worse.

It’s really low down and near my coccyx. I know your pelvis seperates slightly but is it normal to be so sore in this area?

CoffeeAndCupcakes85 Sat 13-Jan-18 04:48:18

You're not alone - I have exactly the same (I'm 34+3). It's horrible. It's so painful and I often find it quite hard to walk sad. Unfortunately I don't think there is much we can do sad.

April45 Sat 13-Jan-18 05:05:46

Speak to your midwife sometimes they will refer you to physio. If not have a pretty care consultation to give you some exercises that are safe in pregnancy. Try sitting on a gym ball when you can it’s much better posturally if your on the sofa don’t slouch, if you sit a lot in the day move more and wriggle your hips to try and loosen up.

Bellamuerte Sat 13-Jan-18 08:45:58

Pain is normal unfortunately. Before I got pregnant my expectation was that the main symptoms were sickness and cravings. I had no idea there would be ongoing pain and I'd be lying awake crying at night for months.

Mrstobe90 Sat 13-Jan-18 09:48:29

Thank you @april45 I’ll definitely look into physio!

And it’s horrible isn’t it! Been up all night in pain.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now