Talk

Advanced search

Think my waters have broke?

(30 Posts)
xoguineas Thu 11-Jan-18 23:47:06

39 weeks today and just went for a pee to find my underwear soaked! Not entirely sure if it's my waters or just discharge so currently lying in bed with a pad on and a complete nervous wreck!

I'm getting occasional pains/cramps in my side, but not sure if this is contractions starting or nerves that it might be contractions lol. This is my first baby so I'm freaking out a little bit just now and not entirely sure what to expect/what to do next.

Not sure why I'm posting, just trying to keep myself occupied!

unicorncow Thu 11-Jan-18 23:58:10

Good luck for the birth. If you get up and move about if it's your waters you should feel more trickle out. If they come in a gush it'll be enough to waken you anyway!

ThatGirl82 Fri 12-Jan-18 00:07:21

How exciting! When my waters broke it was very obvious, I felt a strong pressure and then a gush, it then continued to trickle for hours afterwards. But I know we are all different so it could well be your waters, especially with the possible contractions pains.

Good luck, it’s all so exciting/scary when it happens.

Mrstobe90 Fri 12-Jan-18 00:48:53

Good luck!! smile

ParkheadParadise Fri 12-Jan-18 01:00:36

When my water's broke with Dd2 (in a car park) they absolutely soaked me and DH.
Dd was born 40mins later in hospital. The drive to hospital was more scary than giving birthgrin.

Good luck.

ethelfleda Fri 12-Jan-18 02:42:02

Have you called the hospital? They'll want to examine you if your waters have gone before labour starts.

Good luck!

Sakura03 Fri 12-Jan-18 03:24:45

When mine broke I was in bed, I had just been for a wee 10 minutes earlier when I felt as if I was seeing so I got up and rushed to the bathroom, by then I was soaked through. Some of it was a bit gloopy. But yes you need to phone the hospital so you can go in and get checked. When I did they had me laying down for 45 minutes and then examined me to confirm my water had broken.

Good luck op😊

Sakura03 Fri 12-Jan-18 03:25:52

Weeing not seeing...

xoguineas Fri 12-Jan-18 10:01:28

I'm not sure if it was my waters so I haven't called the hospital? I haven't noticed any other fluid throughout the night but still getting some cramps so I'm not sure what to do confused

Afreshcuppateaplease Fri 12-Jan-18 10:02:35

Are the cramps getting stronger? How far apart?

Stilllivinginazoo Fri 12-Jan-18 10:06:19

Give hospital a ring and ask what to do
Good luck
Very exciting!!

LittleLights Fri 12-Jan-18 10:06:23

Can you potter around the house for a bit, run a hot bath and just relax as much as you can.

Start timing the pains just incase.

xoguineas Fri 12-Jan-18 10:25:02

@Afreshcuppateaplease just now it feels like a constant pain, almost like period type cramp in my tummy and lower back, so I'm not sure how to time those and if that's even a contraction blush

@Stilllivinginazoo I'm going to have a bath and see if it eases the pain and then give my midwife a call to see what she says!

@LittleLights currently running a nice bath just now, have honestly spent the past few weeks in a bath! I'll try time them but it just feels like a constant pain just now so I'm gonna see how I feel in an hour or so

LittleLights Fri 12-Jan-18 10:28:04

It might just be a few pains to signal that something is starting and then the pain may settle down into regular contractions or everything may stop.

Do you have someone with you?

Afreshcuppateaplease Fri 12-Jan-18 10:28:49

Sounds like things could be starting up to me op. Enioy your bath!

xoguineas Fri 12-Jan-18 10:39:03

@LittleLights yes currently with my mum (in case I get stuck in the bath haha!) and my boyfriend is finishing work soon. Hoping it's the start of something but also so scared if it is! 

@Afreshcuppateaplease ahh grin thank you!

LittleLights Fri 12-Jan-18 13:10:57

Hope the bath helps OP

purpleviolet1 Fri 12-Jan-18 20:08:39

Any update OP??

xoguineas Fri 12-Jan-18 20:36:40

@purpleviolet1 I phoned the midwife earlier and she told me to wear a maternity pad and have a lie down to see if the pains stop. Still feeling quite crampy just now and checked the pad and it's wet but not totally soaked so still have no idea if it's my waters or discharge or even sweat confused

Thinking I might call back up and let her know it's been a few hours and I'm still crampy and there's some kind of fluid there (but no idea what!)

purpleviolet1 Fri 12-Jan-18 20:47:52

Good luck!!

Mammabear31 Sat 13-Jan-18 21:08:02

How are you @xoguineas? I hope you had a swift and not too troublesome labour; and are having newborn squishes!

Namechanger2735 Sat 13-Jan-18 21:10:40

Ooo following for birth update!

LittleLights Sat 13-Jan-18 21:43:28

How are you getting on @xoguineas?

xoguineas Sat 13-Jan-18 22:42:36

Baby is still inside unfortunately! sad she's definitely taking her time. Been getting lots of aches and pains today still but no sign of bubs just yet, I will keep you updated once things start happening (if they ever do)

purpleviolet1 Sat 13-Jan-18 22:44:29

Hang on in there!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now