Talk

Advanced search

Just complaining in general about feeling like I'll never give birth

(106 Posts)
nousername123 Sun 31-Dec-17 13:57:29

I'm 36 weeks pregnant and I honestly feel like I've been pregnant for years. I'm fed up completely. I can't sleep, I feel sick, I have no energy and I feel like I'm never gonna give birth like I'm gonna be pregnant forever. And the thought of going over my due date horrifies me! Everyone says "you should enjoy this time" well I'm not enjoying it, I'm severely impatient and just want to have my baby!

Ct17218 Sun 31-Dec-17 16:13:36

I’m 33wks and feel like! Some times I panic at the thought of having 7 wks left.... and then I’m like 7 more weeks of this?! Haha

StylishDuck Sun 31-Dec-17 16:24:48

39+4 here! I feel you! I've dreamt every night for the past week that my waters have broken and am so disappointed when I wake up and they haven't.

Lauren83 Sun 31-Dec-17 16:29:06

Hang on in there, I'm 38 weeks tomorrow, getting induced at 39 and counting down the days. I have no energy to do anything and still have to get through my last week in work

YouBetterWORK Sun 31-Dec-17 16:30:14

Yep 35+5 here with a breechling under my ribs (who needs breathing anyway) who worried me sick this morning with not much movement (she's prancing away in there now though and has been for ages!)

At this point I just want her out and safe now!

User45632874 Sun 31-Dec-17 17:10:26

Hi, I am way behind you at nearly 28 weeks - have been feeling like this for a few weeks now and have just started a similar thread. Ditto what you have said...I am also grouchy and irritable and have definitely missed the blooming part... not to mention all the anxiety that has gone along with it (previous late miscarriage at 22 weeks)...so whilst grateful to have become pregnant again despite all the odds...I need to move on now (but obviously can't yet...and would be panicked if the baby came early). It's frustrating when people say you haven't got long to go now...but compared to me you haven't and I take some comfort in looking at all the pregnant ladies that are several weeks behind me and think...well at least I'm past that bit. P.s, complain away, I feel like it is the only thing that is getting me through at the moment!

Firstchild7 Sun 31-Dec-17 17:43:10

Hi I'm also 36 weeks and am feeling the same, my midwife said they won't do anything if I go over due till I'm 40+12

Lauren83 Sun 31-Dec-17 17:45:13

That's why I snapped their hand off when they offered an induction at 39, I couldn't cope possible going to 42, really hope it comes soon for you all

NomsQualityStreets Sun 31-Dec-17 17:49:39

Hang in there I was the same as you in November, so uncomfortable and wished to just "get it over with" now I'm here with a 4 week old baby and would swap back to being pregnant for a week just for a few hours of uninterrupted sleep grin

thaigreencurry82 Sun 31-Dec-17 22:50:42

@lauren83 why did they offer you an induction at 39 weeks? Asking as I’m thinking about what to do if I go over.

Beakyplinders Sun 31-Dec-17 23:00:12

I'm only 31 weeks but I feel like this, I'm soooo over being pregnant now. I don't enjoy it, I just wanted a baby! I don't understand people who enjoy being pregnant, it's not for me 😂

Lauren83 Sun 31-Dec-17 23:04:58

Thai they offered me an early section and when I said no an early induction, I'm consultant led so think they are just so used to offering both that they did, he is measuring over top centile line on growth scans so they didn't want me to go over which I was happy about, only under a consultant as its donor egg IVF pregnancy after a history of loss, I don't flag as high risk on paper really.

thaigreencurry82 Sun 31-Dec-17 23:16:38

@lauren All the best you are almost there! I’ve been reading about recent study that said first timers 35 and older should be induced on or before 40 weeks. The thought of potentially having to wait til 40+12 as standard scares me somewhat.

Lauren83 Sun 31-Dec-17 23:25:04

Thankyou! They did say to me as long as they have a reason they are happy to induce early and that 'maternal anxiety' can be classed as a reason so if you are worried definitely try to speak to them about it. Let me know how you get on, and happy new year!

moggle Sun 31-Dec-17 23:31:05

35+4 with twins here. FML!!! Suffering with so many issues I never experienced with DD who arrived 5 days before her due date. Giving them a couple more days cooking then I’m starting all the usual stuff to get them out. Not sex though the thought of that in this state is laughable ...

moggle Sun 31-Dec-17 23:31:53

One plus side though, at least it’s winter and we’re not going through this in the middle of a heatwave...

thaigreencurry82 Sun 31-Dec-17 23:49:38

@lauren oh good to know I didn’t know re maternal anxiety so thank you for that! Happy New Year to you too!

Mrstobe90 Mon 01-Jan-18 01:43:43

I’m 33 weeks and feel exactly the same! Found out I was pregnant really early so it feels like I’ve been pregnant forever and feels like it’ll stay this way. Like you, I’m tired, in pain and feel constantly ill. So sick of people saying “she’ll be here before you know it” and “not long now”

ReturnofSaturn Mon 01-Jan-18 01:49:01

Im 36 weeks. Its the unbearable heat and humidity here where i am thats killing me.
It was 44 degrees the other day with humidity. I cant bear it. Then i have the air con blasting 24/7 and so im terrified what our next electricity bill is gonna be. sad

katmarie Mon 01-Jan-18 02:03:04

37+5 here and definitely feeling like this baby is never coming!!! I dreamed about my waters breaking the other night too, I was gutted when I woke up. On a plus note, whatever happens I am having a baby this month!!!!! Eeeeek!

Rhynswynd Mon 01-Jan-18 02:38:04

41+1
I am right with you.
But....i might be feeling some niggles and fingers crossed.

Rhynswynd Mon 01-Jan-18 02:39:04

Oh and I am in Australia. Bloody summertime here. I'm a miserable cow right now.

ReturnofSaturn Mon 01-Jan-18 02:57:22

Rhynswynd wheraboutd are you? Im in Queensland its horrid at the moment.

0hT00dles Mon 01-Jan-18 03:11:54

41+1 @rhynswynd! Starting to feel some pains-hence why I’m awake.

Rhynswynd Mon 01-Jan-18 03:25:16

I'm in Victoria. Hot enough and so very very glad I am no longer in Townsville

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: