Talk

Advanced search

Pregnant? See how your baby develops, your body changes, and what you can expect during each week of your pregnancy with the Mumsnet Pregnancy Calendar.

Symptoms have gone...

(15 Posts)
Needingahandhold76 Sat 16-Dec-17 09:11:08

I had posted last week when I found out I was pregnant, thinking around 8 weeks. But I had had slight bleeding and cramps for two weeks before, although it had stopped.

I had been having bad nausea and I was exhausted but since maybe Wednesday I haven’t noticed these symptoms at all. The slight bleeding returned on and off a bit, not getting any heavier but no cramping came with it. I’m still experiencing constipation and my boobs are bigger than normal (although I wouldn’t say they are sensitive).

I’m still showing a strong bfp on a FRER I took yesterday morning, but it’s maybe too soon even if I did miscarry.

This isn’t good is it? On all websites I’ve seen these are indicators of a miscarriage. I have a private scan booked for Tuesday, so will find out then anyway, but just want to be realistic before I go in and expect the worst if it is likely.

chocolateorangeowls Sat 16-Dec-17 10:36:43

There is no way of knowing until your scan I'm afraid. I had bleeding early on with both of my pregnancies. One ended in miscarriage and one didn't. With the miscarriage I was still being sick even though the baby had died so symptoms/no symptoms also doesn't tell you much.

Good luck with your scan thanks

kellyb85 Sat 16-Dec-17 10:45:21

Hi sorry you are going through this, it is awful waiting game having been there myself I was constantly on my phone symptom spotting. I have had 4 miscarriages in past 16 months and with each 1 I noticed my symptoms disappeared so booked myself in to epu for blood tests which always showed impending mc as my hcg levels where not rising correctly and approx 1 week after symptoms disappeared I actually had my mc. Sorry to be all doom and gloom but be prepared saying that symptoms do come and go all time and some people do not get them at all so fingers crossed for you xxx

Needingahandhold76 Sat 16-Dec-17 11:43:37

Thanks all. I feel every little thing I’m checking up on.
I’m actually feeling a little nauseous today, but nothing as bad as I had been. I’ll wait and see if anything else happens before Tuesday then might end seeing where my EPU is and if I try getting an appointment.

Firstchild7 Sat 16-Dec-17 11:59:16

I bleed at 10 weeks am now 34 weeks with a healthy baby

Needingahandhold76 Sat 16-Dec-17 14:31:31

Thanks again.
I never thought that I would as worry about things as much as I have done. It’s awful not knowing what’s going to happen.

SaturdaySauv Sat 16-Dec-17 14:34:26

My nausea improved a bit after 6-7 weeks when it was hideous. Try not to think too much about any of it as there's just no way of knowing until Tuesday. I know that's easier said than done flowers

ethelfleda Sat 16-Dec-17 16:12:08

My symptoms completely disappeared bang on 7 weeks... I now have a healthy 6 week old

Firstchild7 Sat 16-Dec-17 17:09:48

My symptoms didn't start till 11weeks

Needingahandhold76 Sat 16-Dec-17 17:17:04

Thanks all.
Will try and put things out of my mind until Tuesday then see what the scan shows.

Firstchild7 Sat 16-Dec-17 17:37:00

It is scary being pregnant tbh

Needingahandhold76 Sat 16-Dec-17 18:28:33

Yes it has been really scary. In my mind it was all so clear cut, but I’m having all these symptoms which could indicate a miscarriage, but are not actually 100% e.g only having slight bleeding, only slight cramps. It’s the unknown which bothers me more.

Firstchild7 Sat 16-Dec-17 18:46:42

It is scary all the way through tbh, I had cramping weeks before I bleed the doc said could be ectopic or miscarriage but I think it was just the egg implanting coz my baby is fine. Apparently the doc at the hospital said to me its quite normal to bleed abit especially at the time period would normally be, as long as its not as much as normal period and there are no clots its probs ok but he said if happens again I can get checked out if worried.

TeaAndPjs Sun 17-Dec-17 05:51:34

Bleeding aside I was the same, I had symptoms from 6 weeks that vanished at 8 weeks, I'm now 27weeks gone. Hope scan goes well on tuesday

Needingahandhold76 Sun 17-Dec-17 10:02:05

Well that might actually be symptoms returning. Had my first morning sickness this morning, it had only been nausea up until now.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: