Talk

Advanced search

Pregnant? See how your baby develops, your body changes, and what you can expect during each week of your pregnancy with the Mumsnet Pregnancy Calendar.

1/5 palp is that 1/5 can be felt or 1/5 engaged ?

(9 Posts)
Mortigua Fri 15-Dec-17 20:39:17

I'm think palpable so can be felt so that's fully engaged ?
Guessing it means nothing ? Third baby but in the notes it says it's been 1/5 for over a week now. I'm 36 weeks.

Mortigua Fri 15-Dec-17 20:42:02

Sorry to be clear I mean it says that from my appointment today ( I looked at the notes as the Midwife commented on the head being very low down ). Then saw it said 1/5 for the last appointment at 34.4 too

VivaLeBeaver Fri 15-Dec-17 20:43:58

One fifth can be felt

Mortigua Fri 15-Dec-17 20:46:51

Thank you . I guess that's why I feel such huge pressure down there ! I thought third babies stayed free or moved around more at this stage.

VivaLeBeaver Fri 15-Dec-17 20:52:28

It's not unusual for third babies to not engage until later on but sometimes they do.

Mortigua Fri 15-Dec-17 20:56:50

Thanks. I am measuring big for dates and have a growth scan Monday. I so don't want to go over with this one like I did with my second but I know really it doesn't mean I won't. I have been so scared about the birth especially the prospect of another induction.

Mortigua Sun 17-Dec-17 21:31:12

Lots of movement below the pelvis this evening , I'm assuming baby has turned around if that's even possible ? Or do they stay in once down that far?

VivaLeBeaver Sun 17-Dec-17 22:02:04

Third babies can bob in and out the pelvis, turn round, etc.

Mortigua Sun 17-Dec-17 23:04:00

Thanks vivalabeaver that's probably what's happening then. So uncomfortable!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: