Talk

Advanced search

Should I go to midwife appointment if I'm ill?

(4 Posts)
Friday15thDecember Fri 15-Dec-17 13:27:06

First sick day today in about four years (although not getting much sleep as we have builders in who have been in and out of house, using drills all day just outside bedroom door, setting off alarms, that kind of thing! 😀 Not their fault I know, they want to get what they need to done before Christmas)

I've got my 25 week midwife appointment later and think I could drag myself there as surgery two minutes away, but is it the wrong thing to do if I'm contagious? Not sure what's wrong, slight temperature, aching etc, bit of a cough (but do feel awful). I know she'll obviously be in contact with other pregnant ladies.

If I cancel today then I don't suppose they will have another appointment until after Christmas but I guess they are just measuring growth on tape etc anyway so not critical?

goldenslumbers1 Fri 15-Dec-17 13:42:26

I would say go - I went to my 31 week appointment yesterday with a bad cold and the GP gave me a full MOT! They take mum’s health just as seriously as baby’s so sure they’ll be pleased to see you, germs and all. Wish you better flowers

mindutopia Fri 15-Dec-17 14:32:45

It sounds like just a cold, so yes, I would go. In fact, I had my appt last week while feeling horribly sick. Midwives (and all health professionals) have pretty robust immune systems and are pretty good at infection control anyway. But there's no reason to miss out on getting checked over for a cold. At my 28 week appt, the midwife picked up some heart rate abnormalities (all was fine in the end, just a weird blip), but unless you physically can't make it because you are so sick, it's better to see her than not.

Friday15thDecember Fri 15-Dec-17 18:18:26

Thanks. Did go!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: