Talk

Advanced search

Pregnant? See how your baby develops, your body changes, and what you can expect during each week of your pregnancy with the Mumsnet Pregnancy Calendar.

Help me get through to my 12w scan next week...

(19 Posts)
NooNooHead Thu 14-Dec-17 17:55:00

It is so near yet so far, and i’m SO. IMPATIENT.

I just want this pregnancy to all be ok, to not have a shitty end to what has been one of the hardest of my life, and for my life to have a little bit of good news and brightness in it.

I’m just asking for a little handhold until next Tuesday please... smile

Winterfellismyhome Thu 14-Dec-17 17:57:20

Good luck thanks i have mine on Thursday

Shehz21 Thu 14-Dec-17 17:58:31

Aww darling gentle handhold and warm hug with free arm! Everything is going to be okay, fate isn't an a-hole always. Goodluckflowers
When is it next week?

Mumbofeet Thu 14-Dec-17 18:00:10

It will come round so quick! When I first found out I was pregnant i was counting down the hours and days until my scan. every day went so slow and when I had my scan they put my due date back by 4 days and i was like Omg 4 extra days to wait lol. But since my 20 week scan and when my bump started growing, i started feeling her kicking etc it has just flown by. It'll soon be here! Congratulations flowers

NooNooHead Thu 14-Dec-17 18:03:53

Thank you all for your kind words.

My DB passed away from cancer this year, and I had an ectopic and surgery so it will be damn icing on the cake if something awful comes up next Tuesday. It’s an early appointment at 9.30 so I won’t have the whole day to worry about it!

I do have a massive fear of missed miscarriage and other awful genetic abnormalities given my higher risk older age (i’m 36) etc.

I’m sure all of your scans will be ok too, we just all have to stay v calm and think happy positive thoughts!

BunsOfAnarchy Thu 14-Dec-17 18:10:15

Good luck, it's only a few days my love and you will love it! I'm sure you'll be fine and baby will be snoozing away inside all content and warm.
I'm so sorry for your loss, hoping and praying its all good news from now on. And i bet db will be looking down at you and baby with love and excitement xxx flowers

NooNooHead Thu 14-Dec-17 18:17:02

Thank you Buns - that’s a v sweet thing to say and has brought a tear to my eye! smile

loz12345 Thu 14-Dec-17 18:28:12

I'll hold your hand, I had a mmc when I fell pregnant again after a crap year (fil diagnosed with cancer and another mc), I was counting down the days to my scan trying not to get my hopes us and being excited all at the same time. I'm not going to lie it will be the longest few days and hopefully months of your life as nothing will stop you worrying but the chances are everything will go well on Tuesday. I know it might not help but I thought we would never get good news but I'm sat here watching my 5 month old trying to roll over. Try and have a relaxing and distracting weekend and huge congratulations xxx

NooNooHead Tue 19-Dec-17 13:12:49

Yay! Bubs was all ok and active - moving around loads and being v active! I’m so pleased! smile I’m also a few days ahead now at 13w5d so that is good news too!

itshappening Tue 19-Dec-17 13:21:08

So happy for you OP!

EastDulwichWife Tue 19-Dec-17 13:31:41

Congrats OP! What a wonderful Christmas gift! x

NooNooHead Tue 19-Dec-17 13:37:44

Thank you for your kind messages... just got to be calm and get through to my 20w scan now! Ha ha! I’ll have a happier Christmas knowing things are ok smile

WowserBowser Tue 19-Dec-17 13:40:51

Oh congratulations Noo !

All the luck for a smooth pregnancy flowers

Backhometothenorth Tue 19-Dec-17 13:46:46

Wonderful news! thanks

NooNooHead Tue 19-Dec-17 14:04:17

Thank you so much! I’m going to be getting bigger this Christmas and at least I can use being pregnant as an excuse and not just eating lots of Christmas pud and choc!grin

Soon2BeMumTo3 Tue 19-Dec-17 14:46:29

I have mine Thursday too eek. Good luck with all of yours xx

Mrstobe90 Tue 19-Dec-17 17:35:15

Congratulations on your pregnancy and good luck! Xx

BunsOfAnarchy Tue 19-Dec-17 22:53:26

Oh yay! Brill news! See how quickly that came round! Now just enjoy it my love. It'll be a bit of a wait for the next scan but it'll be worth it! Well chuffed for you! flowers

NooNooHead Tue 19-Dec-17 23:26:21

Thank you Buns, you were right - it flew by! flowers

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: