Talk

Advanced search

Pregnant? See how your baby develops, your body changes, and what you can expect during each week of your pregnancy with the Mumsnet Pregnancy Calendar.

Due March 2018 - anyone feeling movement yet?

(10 Posts)
BunsOfAnarchy Wed 13-Dec-17 23:46:19

Hey all. My first post in pregnancy woop woop!
So I'm 25 weeks on Friday and have felt movement for the past 4 weeks, started off as butterflies and bubbles and now this week it's like proper little jabs and it's getting more and more prominent each day.
My placenta is anterior so its at the front so all the movement is very cushioned, which means hubby can never feel the movement when he puts his hand on my belly (oh the fomo that he feels lol). We can see a ripple if I'm very very still now and again though.

Anyone else feeling much movement? And are you seeing jabbing hands/feet yet?

P.s this is my first baby and these movements make me so giddy with excitement! fsmile

teabagfreak Thu 14-Dec-17 01:34:10

I am 26+5 with my first baby, been feeling wee bubbles since about 18-20wks and now proper kicks 😊 gets me all giddy too! It took my OH a while before he could feel them but he loves it now as it's a proper little kick! Can't make out if it's a hand or foot though. Used to just be first thing or last thing at night but even at work now I have a very wriggly baby. 😊 Amazing

BunsOfAnarchy Thu 14-Dec-17 18:58:45

Ah wow @teabagfreak that's awesome. I'm patiently awaiting a hand or foot outline but it's a few more weeks to go for that yet lol

Snowdog37 Thu 14-Dec-17 19:37:48

I’m very nearly 28w and due March 11! I’ve been feeling him rolling and kicking for a couple of weeks consistently now, before that I started feeling flutters and faint rolls from around 24w. I’ve got an anterior placenta so I really thought it would be longer before I felt him! It’s both the weirdest and best feeling ever!!!

Cakeandmarshmallows Thu 14-Dec-17 20:30:37

I'm 24 weeks this week and like others feeling bubbles/butterflies!! Just stated that this week and my placenta is a front one as well. Hubby can't feel yet but hoping he will soon!! Lovely exciting feeling. Makes up for heartburn and acid indigestion!!

BunsOfAnarchy Thu 14-Dec-17 21:07:15

It feels so amazing doesn't it!

Daydreamer2017 Thu 14-Dec-17 21:16:51

I'm almost 25 weeks and feeling lots of jabs and thuds. Can see my stomach shake now but no foot or hand outlines yet, probably not for a few weeks yet. I had an anterior placenta with my son and it definitely cushioned his kicks. I notice a difference this time. It's already uncomfortable at times but love feeling her. She always goes hyper at this time of night. I don't feel a lot during the day.

thaigreencurry82 Thu 14-Dec-17 21:26:09

I’m 27+5 with anterior placenta and I’m feeling ripples, jabs which I don’t know whether they’re kicks or not, and lighter movements. It’s a lovely feeling really good fun!

Beakyplinders Fri 15-Dec-17 07:33:09

I'm due 6th March and have quite strong movements including what feels like an elbow or something draggubv along the inside. Strange but lovely.

It varies so much from baby to baby, you just need to know what's normal for your baby's movements.

PandaCat Fri 15-Dec-17 08:55:04

I'm due the 6th, with my 2nd. I'm 28+3, I've felt her since 17ish weeks, more regularly, and also visibly from 19weeks.

She is always fussing! I can't tell what's what though I'm sure she has extra limbs some days, haha grin. I had an anterior with my first and swore blind it made no difference as I felt her from early on too, but now I know for sure movements were definitely cushioned as the movements this one does feel so different, and sometimes can be a little uncomfortable tbh. I love it though!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: