Talk

Advanced search

Pregnant? See how your baby develops, your body changes, and what you can expect during each week of your pregnancy with the Mumsnet Pregnancy Calendar.

Still got sugar in urine - should I get another GTT?

(5 Posts)
thingymaboob Mon 11-Dec-17 23:08:39

I had a GTT at around 27 weeks because they found glucose in my urine twice. The GTT came back negative. I'm 35 weeks and still got glucose in my urine. Should I get another GTT? Or am I just getting sugar in my urine because of another more benign reason? Anyone else had glucose in urine throughout pregnancy but not had gestational diabetes? Thanks!

LooksBetterWithAFilter Mon 11-Dec-17 23:17:40

If they suggest one get one to be safe. Having said that I have had glucose in my urine in all three pregnancies and in the end gave up on GTT with the agreement of the midwife because it was never found to be anything. Couple of midwives just said it’s the way some women are.
Funnily enough all three times I seen the midwife a few days before labour and that last urine dip was always glucose free second pregnancy I remember commenting on how the last time this had meant labour was imminent and the next day I had a baby and he was theee weeks early too.

thingymaboob Mon 11-Dec-17 23:20:32

Thanks @LooksBetterWithAFilter they've not suggested it but I'm still worried about it. Maybe it's just one of those things!

Hannabee123 Tue 12-Dec-17 07:22:33

Might sound silly but do you have anything high in sugars before your sample?
I kept getting told off for glucose in urine but I kept drinking loads of fruit juice and one morning I had a gingerbread man right before my sample 😣
They can find so much from urine. They thought something was wrong with me and was going to act but it turned out I hadn't eaten that morning which affected the sample so much!

I don't have GD but maybe that could be why?

Youvegotafriendinme Tue 12-Dec-17 07:34:13

Every time my urine was tested I had sugar in it. I had 2 GTT both which came back negative. DS was born at 35w and the day before he made his appearance I had an appointment and there was still sugar in my urine. I never ate anything high in sugar, had a sugar app on my phone and was extremely careful but obviously something was getting through. The midwife I saw the day before he came said if I’d had 2 already they wouldn’t do a third one.
See what your midwife thinks

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: