Talk

Advanced search

Dates don't match up..possible I'm 3 weeks early?? Help?!

(6 Posts)
WigglyWigglyWooo Mon 11-Dec-17 17:23:01

Hi everyone. Looking for a bit of reassurance/hand holding please!

So I've had some spotting throughout this weekend, it has varied from brown to pink/red. But only ever on tissue after having a wee. I phoned the midwife and they booked me in for an early scan today.

I'm 9+2 dating from the first day of last period but at the scan today she said approx 6 weeks? And measured at only 3.9mm approx. She said I will have to come back next week to confirm if the pregnancy is viable or if the pregnancy ended at 6 weeks. I'm so worried and it's going to be a very long week! Has anyone been through anything similar? I'm feeling very upset and very confused with it all!

They did also say Gestational Sac was present and so was the yolk sac and embryo. Also that my cervix is closed. I'm guessing that they couldn't detect a heartbeat at this moment which is why I have to go back next week to check growth?

Is it likely that I'm going to miscarry? The dates are wrong? Or my dates are wrong?

Any words of wisdom welcome!

Bubble77bee Mon 11-Dec-17 17:39:57

So sorry that you are going through this. I am in the same boat. It’ll be a long week. Some people have shared their stories with me- with some positive and some negative outcomes. Fingers crossed for you.

WigglyWigglyWooo Mon 11-Dec-17 17:46:20

Ah and fingers crossed to you too! Atleast we can go through this together. My next scan is on Monday so have ages to wait yet. But she wouldn't give me any indication as to whether the pregnancy is viable or not. She just kept telling me that nothing is certain until next week. sad

BifsWif Mon 11-Dec-17 18:04:55

I’m so sorry to be reading this. Similar happened to me and it want a good outcome.

If you are certain of your dates 3 weeks is a lot to be out by. I hope you have good news but I would also prepare yourself for it going the other way. flowers

BifsWif Mon 11-Dec-17 18:05:11

Wasn’t*

WigglyWigglyWooo Mon 11-Dec-17 18:56:46

Thank you. We are preparing for the worst but of course hoping for the best. It's very emotional!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: