Talk

Advanced search

BFP, due in august

(89 Posts)
mamabearxoxo Fri 08-Dec-17 09:10:30

Am I one of the first?
Been testing since I was 12 days away from period and got positives, now I'm 8 days away and got a clear result on clearblue! Half scared of it being twins!

BoofayTheOompaLoompaSlayer Fri 08-Dec-17 09:36:19

Try the antenatal boards. I believe there's an August thread there 🙂

twotired Fri 08-Dec-17 09:38:14

Congratulations OP thanks.
Have you done one of those tests that tell you how far along you are? You could potentially be further along than you realise, your period could have been breakthrough bleeding? 12 days before period is extremely early to get a positive result.
Wishing you the best of luck with your pregnancy.

Hana327 Fri 08-Dec-17 18:44:06

@mamabearxoxo me! Although only two days late but a very clear positive! Working on dates due beginning of August!

mamabearxoxo Fri 08-Dec-17 18:55:19

I'm due end of August but will be a week early due to section
Congrats Hana xx

Hana327 Fri 08-Dec-17 19:40:43

Thanks and congratulations to you 2!

Very exciting!

Cakelaur Sat 09-Dec-17 12:11:26

Me me me!! Apparently due date (according to ff) due 22nd August. Just had my BFP this morning!!! Possibly jumping the gun! But so ready!

Kiki275 Sat 09-Dec-17 16:40:29

Whats a BFP??x

Kiki275 Sat 09-Dec-17 16:47:21

Just found the acronyms thread!! Got mine this morning.... in fact got 3! Well excited but waiting for DH to get home and get excited together x

Hana327 Sat 09-Dec-17 20:13:44

My date still work out as 13th from an app!

Congratulations to everyone joining this thread!

Sparklesdontshine Sun 10-Dec-17 07:37:00

And me!!!! Excited but nervous!!!!

Cakelaur Sun 10-Dec-17 08:37:29

Litterally so excited. Not sure if I should calm a little more and give it a few weeks to make sure it’s a sticky bean. Or to just get full on excited!! Don’t really have too many symptoms, except the odd twinge near my hip and achy boobs (but not mega bad) really thirsty and an annoying tickly cough and slightly bunged up. I’ve stopped temping BBT so I don’t get anal about fluctuating temps. Can’t wait to watch the group progress and see the craving we all have and things. Is anyone else in London? X

Hana327 Sun 10-Dec-17 09:05:02

I have similar symptoms to you @Cakelaur but also lost my appetite!
I'm in the midlands!
Think I need to calm down a little 2 just to be on the safe side!

MamOfFrankie Sun 10-Dec-17 19:20:40

Me! Due 14th August according to Ovia. Not many symptoms apart from bloating and an insatiable need to eat protein haha

NelleB Sun 10-Dec-17 20:29:59

Got my BFP today. Due 23rd August if the calculator is right!

Cakelaur Sun 10-Dec-17 21:48:21

Great we’re getting a great collection of people!! How’s is everyone telling people? We’re going to do surprise on xmas day!

Hana327 Mon 11-Dec-17 07:07:09

Me and DH know at the moment. I'm finding it hard not having my parents to talk about it to. So I want to tell them Christmas Day as they will know something's up when I don't have a drink with dinner.
I'm torn between just telling them or buying s little gift the relates to having a baby. Not sure though.
Anyone else telling people early or waiting until 12 weeks?
Anyone else scared of people's reactions?

Sparklesdontshine Mon 11-Dec-17 07:12:38

I'm waiting till after first scan to tell people.

I'm a bit worried about people's reactions, as it will be my 4th and life is already a bit hectic grin

mamabearxoxo Mon 11-Dec-17 07:13:53

Nice to see more coming forward!!
I'm praying the GP is helpful today, I feel like I'm having a mc which is probably a bit silly considering nothing has happened. I feel so blah and down.
Hoping to tell family christmas day with scratch cards but ultimately it depends on whether everything is OK. I have a scan on the 22nd anyway

Cakelaur Mon 11-Dec-17 12:28:43

Oh @mamabearxoxo I really hope you’re ok. Don’t panic and try and stay calm. Hopefully the dr can refer you for an early scan or something. Scratch cards is a great idea. We’re going to wrap a New Zealand all blacks baby grow and tell my parents (they’re kiwis) on xmas eve. Then my OH has an 11yr old son. And on xmas day we’re going to get him a tshirt saying ‘you’ve been upgraded to Big brother’ to which he’ll be shocked, show the room and that will tell the rest of the family. We have all our family on both sides at ours this xmas. So it couldn’t be more perfect.
I’m not too worried about telling people early, because the ones I’m telling would be my support system if I were to loose the baby.

Hana327 Mon 11-Dec-17 15:39:50

That's what I'm thinking. We only want to tell my parents and I need them for advice and if the worse did happen I'd need them just as much.
Been to Dr she was lovel and helpful. Told me to only worry if you get pain that is extremely painful or if pain and bleeding are continuous!

Harebellmeadow Mon 11-Dec-17 16:24:39

Can I join in? Got my BFP on an OPK. I can't believe it, as we have been trying for five whole years for a DC2, and nothing ever happened. It is insanely unexpected. Had made peace with the fact that it wasn't going to happen. Now I just hope it'll stick. Just got a shock calculating due date. I had roughly calculated September. But august! A summer child! Even more unexpected. Won't tell anyone in real life , just in case, and will tell work only when I get acute HG again. Had 5m of morning sickness last time. Would be nice not to have it again.

himynameiss Mon 11-Dec-17 22:15:37

Hi girls I think I’m due 20th August is there a Facebook group for due ins in August???

Sparklesdontshine Mon 11-Dec-17 22:20:05

I'm not aware of one yet @himynameiss but if anyone knows of one please can I be added 😀😀

Shanii Tue 12-Dec-17 02:26:09

If app is correct I’m due 12th August 1/2 excited 1/2 terrified smile

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: