Talk

Advanced search

Pregnancy insomnia

(6 Posts)
fairyxxwings Fri 08-Dec-17 01:31:46

Any body else got insomnia?
I have slept 5 hours in 3 days, i feel shattered when i first sleep and the slightest thing may wake me up and then im up from 11pm right round 24 hrs again, i feel wide awake and i dint need to sleep? I dont know what to do! 😢 i have the biggest head ache too xx

katmarie Fri 08-Dec-17 02:32:33

I'm up tonight because I have a chest infection and every time I lie down to sleep I start coughing. I'm also 34 weeks and knackered. It's not fun is it?

fairyxxwings Fri 08-Dec-17 09:18:25

Nope sad wouldnt like to be in your shoes even more so you poor thing xx

cakesandphotos Fri 08-Dec-17 12:55:39

I do sort of. Nowhere near as bad as you though! It’s always Thursday night/Friday morning and I wake up between 3-4am. Sometimes I get back to sleep for half an hour or so and sometimes I don’t. I can’t imagine how tough it is functioning on such little sleep!
Might be worth seeing your GP? Don’t know though. Do you have any other children that need liking after during the day? Are you able to sleep during the day just not at night?

fairyxxwings Fri 08-Dec-17 13:14:43

Hey, yes i have a 15 month old daughter! Lol im crazy i know!
I do go to bed when she naps and today i have managed to sleep that coupke of hours that she did but otherwise im not able to! Its definitely a GP appointment isnt it :/
I took a 'kwells' travel sickness tablet last night which im allowed whilst pregnant and seemed to work so well!
I hope this all stops for you hun! You may not be as bad, but its bad enough! sad xx

Natsku Fri 08-Dec-17 13:18:40

Definitely go see your GP, you don't need to suffer as there are medicines that are safe to take in pregnancy to help you sleep. It's the hormones that cause it, quite common but you seem to have it worse than most! Hope you get some help and get some sleep soon.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now