Talk

Advanced search

Spotting - 9 weeks, help!

(8 Posts)
Glittermonster17 Thu 07-Dec-17 23:06:46

Hiya, so I'm 9 +5 and just started having some brown spotting. Should I be worried? Should I phone the midwife or am I going over the top? Sorry just really want this to go well and I'm so nervous! X

pregz Thu 07-Dec-17 23:11:21

I would definitely phone for some advice/ reassurance or else the stress and worrying will probably be more harmful for you & little one!

Have you been particularly ill / drinking less? I suffered horrendously with HG and found this happened with dehydration (browny-orange spotting) my midwife assured me that would be the cause of it. Wishing you well ❤️

Glittermonster17 Thu 07-Dec-17 23:17:06

@pregz what do you mean HG? Sorry not familiar with this abbreviation unless I'm being silly! I have got a cold at the moment and to be honest think I could probably do with drinking more!

pregz Thu 07-Dec-17 23:22:33

Hyperemesis Gravidarum. I'm no doctor but I remember the feeling of dread along with the normal early pregnancy cramps didn't help so was relieved when the midwife said it was definitely a link to the dehydration!

I would try to relax as much as possible tonight then ring your midwife first thing and just ask what's normal and what's not , pregnancy is so hard with all this new stuff happening to our bodies!

Glittermonster17 Fri 08-Dec-17 18:03:43

Thanks for the advise. I have rang them but still feeling very worried! X

Nikki2ol6 Fri 08-Dec-17 18:39:32

I went to A&E when I had spotting at first and he didn’t do much because I was 4 weeks but at 9 weeks they might do more?

Glittermonster17 Sat 09-Dec-17 09:46:47

Ok even more worried today. There is still only brown discharge when I wipe but now there are clots to and a few specs of pink? I haven't had any cramping. Should I call the midwife again?

Almostthere15 Sat 09-Dec-17 14:03:40

Ring your midwife and say that the bleeding has changed. I Had this all through in a viable pregnancy but there's no harm in getting checked

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now