Talk

Advanced search

Pregnant? See how your baby develops, your body changes, and what you can expect during each week of your pregnancy with the Mumsnet Pregnancy Calendar.

Anxiety and stress

(1 Post)
haz01 Thu 07-Dec-17 15:50:10

I don't know where to turn. I've been with my partner for nearly 3 years. She has a child from a previous relationship who I have a deep bond with. We have an unexpected twin pregnancy that is currently at 16 weeks. She has a lot of mental health issues and had a fairly long admission in the Spring. We live 150miles apart, with plans to move in together shortly.

In short, I have been unable to shake the feeling that something is wrong. I forever have been thinking that there will be something abnormal, be it a miscarriage, abnormality or some other problem. This has been ok, but last night when we had a lot of bleeding I have not been able to contain these feelings. I have not been able to go into work, stop myself crying uncontrollably and am now having panic attacks. I have never had these before. I have seen my GP this morning who was really helpful.

The main issue is the stress that this is causing on the relationship. I am dragging her down with me, as she puts it. I am causing her issues bonding with the twins, feeling worried and detached herself and generally making problems. I have had to cease all contact for the moment for her sake, which is making me worse.

I do not think my anxiety is helping by the complete lack of screening or help offered. I have been productive and looked into private harmony testing and am happy to pay for this too, but I have no idea if this will then push my anxieties onto something else even if I have reassurance that there is a low chance of downs syndrome.

I just feel so alone currently, and a failure of a partner.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: