Talk

Advanced search

Sick bug and not keeping anything down

(7 Posts)
Newbietwo Thu 07-Dec-17 12:19:28

I’ve had a sick bug with d and v since 10pm last night. I can’t keep any liquids down still.
Feeling fairly rubbish but trying to look after ds and failing a bit beyond screen time 😕Dh is on his way back from work now.
I think I should give it a bit longer until I call the midwife but just starting to worry a bit about dehydration.

Newbietwo Thu 07-Dec-17 12:25:46

Bump

itshappening Thu 07-Dec-17 12:34:17

I had similar last week. It's horrible but any minute you might turn the corner. When you can try taking such tiny sips that you are almost my swallowing, just putting water to your mouth, as often as you can. Or when you feel up to it ice lollies can be good for getting water in really gradually.

I am not sure when it becomes needed to call for extra help/advice about dehydration, but I guess a phone call can't hurt and they should at least tell you when to start worrying if you still can't drink.

Good luck xx

itshappening Thu 07-Dec-17 12:34:40

Almost not swallowing, sorry

NoParticularPattern Thu 07-Dec-17 12:35:10

How many weeks are you? Although I wouldn’t really be worrying unless it was longer than 24 hours where you had kept absolutely nothing down. Just try to take tiny sips of room temp tap water and see how you go. I know when I’m ill if I take more than a tiny sip (literally enough to wet your mouth) and it is too hot or cold then I just bring it straight back up with a whole heap of bile. I also try not to drink immediately after being sick- I think last time I was giving it about 20 mins after being sick to settle my stomach and then taking tiny tiny sips until I next needed to be sick. Once I felt slightly better (about 24 hours in) I graduated to some flat fizzy pop woohoo!! I felt like death for about a week, but I’m fairly certain that you/baby won’t come to any harm in 24 hours. Just try to keep your mouth moist if nothing else!

Newbietwo Thu 07-Dec-17 12:39:23

Thank you both. Yep sipping away here and will just give it more time. Eugh it is not fun but hoping it is over very very soon.

itshappening Thu 07-Dec-17 13:30:28

No, definitely not fun, I do feel for you. It will pass soon though, in the meantime don't worry about the screen time grin

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: