Talk

Advanced search

Dresses/Tunics to go with tights??

(10 Posts)
sammy891 Thu 07-Dec-17 10:06:08

Now into the thirds trimester my jeans are increasingly uncomfortable and I think switching to stretchy tights is the way to go. Where have you all found nice maternity dresses or tunics to wear with tights?? Thanks x

noodlesandtomatoes Thu 07-Dec-17 10:38:22

eBay!

sammy891 Thu 07-Dec-17 10:51:00

What are some good brands to look for? Jojo Maman or Dorothy Perkins?

mindutopia Thu 07-Dec-17 10:56:53

I have several nice ones from JoJo. They aren't cheap (in the 30 quid range), but I only have a couple and I wear them weekly and have since 2nd trimester. Plus they are ideal for postnatal use and feeding too, so I'll easily get 6 months out of them. You'll probably find loads secondhand as well if you're less lazy than I am.

sammy891 Thu 07-Dec-17 10:58:40

Thanks mindutopia. How does the sizing come up on these? If I'm a 12 would a medium or small?

curryforbreakfast Thu 07-Dec-17 11:01:16

I never bothered with maternity anything, I don't see the need. I had a collection of Primark tunic style dresses, so stretchy and comfy, that I paired with think tights or leggings. With a jacket and heels they were smart enough for work, with boots and a cardi they were dressed down.
I hardly wore anything else.

owltrousers Thu 07-Dec-17 11:22:17

Asos are good! I always search for 'smock dress' or 'tunic' and lots come up, then I order them Low>High price and work my way through. Its good in that a lot of non maternity stuff will fit nicely as its loose fitting.

CakesRUs Thu 07-Dec-17 11:23:33

If I were in my 3rd trimester, I'd head over to George (Asda) online. They have some great maternity stuff at a great price. Currently 20% off dresses. They don't sell this stuff in store, but have a fast/free click and collect.

https://direct.asda.com/george/womens/maternity-clothes/D1M1G20C19,default,sc.html?start=40&sz=20

CakesRUs Thu 07-Dec-17 11:28:20

2 dresses for £8 - bargain!

sammy891 Thu 07-Dec-17 15:08:28

That is quite a good deal! Hope they are not too clingy though.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now