Talk

Advanced search

Morning sickness?

(10 Posts)
AELLE7 Thu 07-Dec-17 09:04:03

Hey,
So this is my first pregnancy, 7 + 5 and I have been suffering with nausea a lot. I occasionally have a day where I don't really suffer but most of the time it comes on in strong waves throughout the day. I was just wondering if it was normal to wretch a lot but not be actually sick? I have been sick a few times but most of the time the nausea just makes me wretch really strongly but nothing comes up. Is it still morning sickness if you are rarely sick?

DoodleCat Thu 07-Dec-17 09:06:51

Yep, I was never physically sick or wretching but I was nauseous continually for the whole pregnancy. If it's bad please go see your GP and ask for help. I was on three different medications to try to help me (they did but only taking the

DoodleCat Thu 07-Dec-17 09:07:29

edge off).

Sorry, the train jolted and I pressed post!

AnythingNotEverything Thu 07-Dec-17 09:13:48

It's still morning sickness even if you're never sick. The nausea alone can be debilitating.

I find it worse when tired, and the first trimester is exhausting. Be kind to yourself, get some rest, and eat whatever you can, even if all you can stomach is ready salted hula hoops.

AnythingNotEverything Thu 07-Dec-17 09:15:14

Are you due in July? Come join the antenatal group smile

MyEternalSunshine Thu 07-Dec-17 09:19:17

I'm pregnant with our third and this sickness is the worst so far out of all three- incredibly debilitating. Although I'm not a vomit person so just wretching here too! Interested in the pp suggestion of seeing the doctor, always thought I just had to put up with it.. may have to try that flowers

DoodleCat Thu 07-Dec-17 17:51:29

Please don't just put up with it! I was so lucky as I had a wonderful GP who'd been through it twice too and so totally understood (not that doctors who haven't experienced it shouldn't take it seriously...) But she tried me on several medications before we found a combination that helped, she signed me off sick (her suggestion) for three weeks and told me to book appointments whenever I needed them. It made the whole pregnancy bearable. Don't let anyone fob you off.

Choccywoccydoo10 Thu 07-Dec-17 18:03:17

Oh the nausea was awful for me between 6-17 weeks. I too threw up about 3/4 times but had nausea most of the day. Worst was mornings and then bad again evenings. Couldn't eat much and most smells would make me feel worse. I should have gone to the docs really but I just rode it out

AELLE7 Thu 07-Dec-17 18:10:31

Thank you all for your comments.

I will definitely be visiting the doctors because the nausea is making work unbearable and sitting and my desk and suffering all day has been horrific. I even had a colleague roll her eyes (not in front of me but I caught it) when I was discussing my sickness with my boss. It's put me in a really shit place as I told all the people in the office (only five) as it was getting increasingly difficult to hide it. It's just upsetting because this women, who is always so rude, didn't have sickness through her pregnancy as she didn't find out until six months but it's different for everybody! It's belittling to be made out to be a drama queen, when all I was doing was discussing it briefly. I know I'm lucky to not be constantly suffering or being sick all the time but that doesn't make the days when it is bad any less horrible!

Choccywoccydoo10 Thu 07-Dec-17 21:43:54

She just sounds awful and rude! I sure bet if the shoe was on the other foot she would make a fuss. She has no idea how you are feeling. Luckily I worked in a much bigger team and I just told my manager to begin with as I couldn't hide it from him. Although he had guess as he said I was as white as a sheet. Just ignore her, you know how bad you feel.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now