Talk

Advanced search

suggested to have IVF

(2 Posts)
bronwensia Thu 07-Dec-17 04:35:35

Dear all! Am new to these forums. Don’t know how to start and where to end. I am suggested to have IVF cycles of my pregnancy. And very much worried what's going on. Is it a good and safe procedure? What should I do? Should I need to have a second opinion? Which clinic should I select for my IVF treatment? I don’t want any risk. I really need some motivation and help you guys. Sorry for being so confused. Thanks in advance.

Blueroses99 Thu 07-Dec-17 05:05:03

There’s a wealth of information on the Infertility board: www.mumsnet.com/Talk/infertility You could ask for this thread to be moved there.

In answer to your questions, yes it is a safe procedure but it can take a lot out of you emotionally and physically (and potentially financially too) so you need to be prepared.

A second opinion depends on the reasons for suggesting IVF. If there are test results that support the suggestion, then it may not be worth wasting time.

Choose a clinic in your area, have a look at the HFEA website as a starting point. Will you be eligible for any NHS cycles? Many (private) clinics have open evenings so you can ask questions, get a feel for the place, meet the teams etc.

If you want an overview of the IVF process, I can recommend Get A Life, a his and hers survival guide written by a couple that went through it themselves.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now