Talk

Advanced search

Pregnant? See how your baby develops, your body changes, and what you can expect during each week of your pregnancy with the Mumsnet Pregnancy Calendar.

Gtt tomorrow.. Question

(13 Posts)
CinnamonAndSpice Wed 06-Dec-17 22:01:02

So as in title. Have that tomorrow. Luckily I live 10 min from hospital so I'll have the liquid and go home for a bit. Which they say is fine. Then go back for second bloods.
My question is. How long till results.?

NoParticularPattern Wed 06-Dec-17 22:04:15

I was told that my bloods might be available that afternoon but definitely by the next day. Think the nurse who did it was actually off for a few days so I didn’t get a call until the end of the week (mine was on a Monday) but I wasn’t worried about it. They will probably tell you just before you drink the drink when they expect your results back.

thingymaboob Wed 06-Dec-17 22:05:16

Depends where they're sending the bloods. Mine were same day as lab was in the same hospital. Some might take 1-3 days. Your midwife will be able to definitively tell you.

CinnamonAndSpice Wed 06-Dec-17 22:14:05

Thank you. Just wasn't sure if it's a week or. Something lol

Aliceinchunderland Wed 06-Dec-17 22:17:24

I didn’t hear about mine for over a week but the results were fine. If you have GD, the lab would phone your midwife and they’d let you know sooner

HandbagFan Wed 06-Dec-17 22:58:42

I had mine on November 22nd and haven’t heard back. It means I don’t have GD and I’ll hear more at my next midwife appointment.

Moanyoldcow Wed 06-Dec-17 23:01:36

My hospital is next day - they say if you don't hear it's negative.

chocolateorangeowls Wed 06-Dec-17 23:03:02

I think mine was two days.

halloweenzombie Wed 06-Dec-17 23:06:56

I got mine quick as I had gd when I went for the after birth repeat it wasn't so fast but clear.

IrregularCommentary Wed 06-Dec-17 23:12:28

I think I got mine at my next appointment, but if there'd been a problem it would have been much much sooner.

YouBetterWORK Thu 07-Dec-17 00:19:49

Had it done on a Friday afternoon, results were back on Tuesday and all clear.

CinnamonAndSpice Thu 07-Dec-17 09:23:53

Cool there now they said it be tonight the result.. I'm guessing onlybtell me if have GD. But in fairness I have MW next week anyway so either way it's not forever.
Now the long wait. Was going to go home but will lose parking space and managed to find a free one close by hahaha

cakesandphotos Thu 07-Dec-17 11:03:36

I got a phone call the same evening after mine. Maybe it depends where you live and therefore how busy any lab is likely to be

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: