Talk

Advanced search

Advice please!

(6 Posts)
smtoresse Wed 06-Dec-17 21:37:29

I am currently 36 weeks pregnant and I keep experiencing really intense period like pains , and often get really hot and sweaty whilst this happens! This is my first pregnancy and I'm really worried that I'm not going to know if I'm in early labour or not, anyone got any tips ?

Imaginosity Wed 06-Dec-17 21:42:33

I'd ring the hospital and check with them in case its the start of labour. How long have you had the pains. The morning I had my second child I had period like cramps before contractiona.

Expectingbsbunumber2 Wed 06-Dec-17 21:48:30

I had this on Saturday night, I thought it was going into labour and I was also having hot flushes at the same time. I called up hospital, she said it was more likely the way the baby was positioned. He was breech at the time but I think it was just him turning. She also said the hot flushes was hormones. I'm 37 weeks. It wasn't labour. Call up tthough. Always better to be safe than sorry

smtoresse Wed 06-Dec-17 21:49:57

Okay thank you for your reply smile I've been getting them on and off for a couple of weeks but I've had them tonight only for about an hour but it's really quite painful and I'm extremely hot and sweating

smtoresse Wed 06-Dec-17 21:51:18

Ah thanks for the reply!! That's put my mind at ease a little lol I think I will give the hospital a call just to be safe smile

Expectingbsbunumber2 Wed 06-Dec-17 21:55:37

Best to check 🙂 My first time going in labour started as period pains so that's why I called. Good luck x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now