Talk

Advanced search

3rd trimester nipple leakage

(12 Posts)
thingymaboob Wed 06-Dec-17 19:54:15

This is my first successful pregnancy (early mc before). Now 35 weeks and nipples are leaking. Anyone else got this? Is it normal?

Thishatisnotmine Wed 06-Dec-17 19:57:33

It's a thing! It is normal, unfortunately. I only had a very small amount, noticable only on dark bras but I believe some women can get it more noticably. One of the many surprises!

Oysterbabe Wed 06-Dec-17 20:10:25

Completely normal. Mine have been leaking since about 26 weeks. From 36 weeks I've been collecting it in syringes to feed to the baby if we get off to a slow start breastfeeding, I have 50 in the freezer so far smile

Expectingbsbunumber2 Wed 06-Dec-17 20:11:51

I'm 37 weeks and mine haven't leaked at all!

Sweetooth92 Wed 06-Dec-17 20:12:53

Mine have been leaking since around 22/23 weeks or so! Definitely not one of the glamorous side effects 🙄

thingymaboob Wed 06-Dec-17 20:13:31

@Oysterbabe 50 syringes! Wow! Bloody hell. Is this your first?

makeitpink Wed 06-Dec-17 21:14:58

I leaked with my first. Just pop some breast pads in your bra and be glad your boobs are making lots of lovely milk!! If it helps I found BF a doddle and I'm sure having milk leaking early is a good sign!

Mrstobe90 Wed 06-Dec-17 21:22:23

It’s completely normal. Mine started at 18 weeks and although it’s gross, it’s a good thing.
Your breasts are producing colostrum which is the liquid before your milk comes through. Many women syringe it and freeze it to give to baby as it’s so full of nutrients.
Time to buy some absorbent breast pads smile

Oysterbabe Wed 06-Dec-17 21:29:39

thingy no it's my second but it was the same with my first.

mindutopia Thu 07-Dec-17 11:02:03

Yes, normal. Mine have been since I was 20 weeks! Wearing a bra at night and breast pads helps if it's excessive.

QueenAravisOfArchenland Thu 07-Dec-17 11:43:32

Just to reassure people, it's totally normal but also says nothing either way about how easy you'll find bf or how much milk you will have. Some people just leak and some people don't - there's no real reason why, and you only have colostrum in your boobs for a few days after birth anyway before it changes to the "mature" milk.

pastabest Thu 07-Dec-17 11:52:29

Yes mine did it from about 20 weeks.

It first happened in a meeting.

A very important meeting about very sensitive issues.

I was wearing a light grey top.

angry

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now