Talk

Advanced search

is this the start of labour?

(7 Posts)
filou87 Wed 06-Dec-17 19:23:40

Hi, I am hoping to get some advice please.

This is my first pregnancy and I am 37+2.

One week ago baby was 3/5ths engaged and since then I can feel they've drppped more. I've had strong lower back and hip pain for the last two days and today I am exhausted.

Today I've had braxton hicks on and off all day and also about ten pains in bump since this afternoon. The pains feel like a stitch or pains when you have diarrhoea a bit crampy, however they've lasted seconds. I called midwife whosaid it coild be constipation and to monitor pains but I have one normal bowel movement today then also this evening one diarrhoea like bowel movement ( sorry too much information)

My husband works offshore and is due to leave tomorrow for a week so I'd wrlcome any advice please.

filou87 Wed 06-Dec-17 19:24:32

Apologies for all the typos

ICantThinkOfAGoodOne Wed 06-Dec-17 22:17:49

I'd call the midwife again if I were you

SparklingSnowfall Wed 06-Dec-17 22:27:05

Sounds possible OP, good luck!

MadeForThis Wed 06-Dec-17 22:35:14

Sounds like it's starting

Misspilly88 Wed 06-Dec-17 22:37:34

I wouldn't get too excited. I had lots of things going on for the last couple of weeks. I think the answer is unless you're having contractions or waters burst etc you won't know for sure . Good luck though , I sympathise with having a partner so far away.

dangle90 Wed 06-Dec-17 23:30:06

I've also had this for about 4 days on and off but nothing happening sad. Let us know how you get on x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now