Talk

Advanced search

Pregnant? See how your baby develops, your body changes, and what you can expect during each week of your pregnancy with the Mumsnet Pregnancy Calendar.

is this the start of labour?

(7 Posts)
filou87 Wed 06-Dec-17 19:23:40

Hi, I am hoping to get some advice please.

This is my first pregnancy and I am 37+2.

One week ago baby was 3/5ths engaged and since then I can feel they've drppped more. I've had strong lower back and hip pain for the last two days and today I am exhausted.

Today I've had braxton hicks on and off all day and also about ten pains in bump since this afternoon. The pains feel like a stitch or pains when you have diarrhoea a bit crampy, however they've lasted seconds. I called midwife whosaid it coild be constipation and to monitor pains but I have one normal bowel movement today then also this evening one diarrhoea like bowel movement ( sorry too much information)

My husband works offshore and is due to leave tomorrow for a week so I'd wrlcome any advice please.

filou87 Wed 06-Dec-17 19:24:32

Apologies for all the typos

ICantThinkOfAGoodOne Wed 06-Dec-17 22:17:49

I'd call the midwife again if I were you

SparklingSnowfall Wed 06-Dec-17 22:27:05

Sounds possible OP, good luck!

MadeForThis Wed 06-Dec-17 22:35:14

Sounds like it's starting

Misspilly88 Wed 06-Dec-17 22:37:34

I wouldn't get too excited. I had lots of things going on for the last couple of weeks. I think the answer is unless you're having contractions or waters burst etc you won't know for sure . Good luck though , I sympathise with having a partner so far away.

dangle90 Wed 06-Dec-17 23:30:06

I've also had this for about 4 days on and off but nothing happening sad. Let us know how you get on x

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: