Talk

Advanced search

Pregnant? See how your baby develops, your body changes, and what you can expect during each week of your pregnancy with the Mumsnet Pregnancy Calendar.

blood clot/blood thinner

(4 Posts)
samanthax2 Wed 06-Dec-17 17:16:45

Hello i just wanted to no if anyone has gone through the same thing i am 19 weeks pregnant and just found out i have a blood clot on my lung i am on blood thinner im slightly worried about it all has anyone experienced the same thing

Namechange16 Wed 06-Dec-17 17:25:51

I had all the tests because they thought I had a pulmonary embolism. I was finding it hard to breathe and they put me on clexane injections. Lucky for me it was a false alarm but they told me if it was a clot I would have had to take the clexane for the whole pregnancy and for 6/8 weeks after. Good luck.

Anna2006 Wed 06-Dec-17 17:37:55

I am on blood thinners but due to a increased risk of blood clots in my family history so it’s a preventive rather than because I’ve got a blood clot.

Now your on the treatment hopefully things should be fine. You just need to be consistent an ensure you take the dose every day for your own protection.

samanthax2 Wed 06-Dec-17 20:08:40

Thanks yes i have to inject it myself just abit worried about it thanks for your replys tho somethings just have to be done best for me and baby

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: