Talk

Advanced search

I'm so anxious about miscarriage

(7 Posts)
MommaBee97 Wed 06-Dec-17 15:47:50

So I'm 8 weeks pregnanct and I couldn't be more happier! I already have a 3 year old daughter and this pregnancy feels totally different, I'm constantly tired, I'm always feeling sick and I've felt some minor stomach cramps (like period pains) with my first pregnancy I wasn't so anxious because I didn't know how precious a baby was, but now, all I can think about is miscarriaging sad I've booked in for an early scan to put my mind at rest because I know it's not good for me or the baby if I'm stressing! Does anybody else feel like this?

Oysterbabe Wed 06-Dec-17 16:35:40

I think pretty much everyone feels like this. I wish you a happy, healthy and uneventful pregnancy flowers

lgh05 Wed 06-Dec-17 17:42:43

Literally everyone feels like this it’s totally normal! I am nearly 10 weeks and wishing away the weeks to get into the second trimester! Even after seeing your baby on ultrasound it doesn’t stop the worry. Part of being a mummy I guess.

10FingersOnTheFender Wed 06-Dec-17 17:50:26

I was pregnant just a few years ago and I literally only worried about miscarriage once I think....and I'm a worrier normally!
I think the reason I didnt worry is becauss i had NO IDEA how common miscarriage is.
Ignorance is a soft pillow and all that.
The downside of being informed is that you worry 😐
It's probably a completely normal reaction and unavoidable I'd have thought, given how much more awareness people seem to have about miscarriage. Doesnt mean that its any less or more likely to happen in a particular case

Heregoeseverything Wed 06-Dec-17 18:19:59

Mumsnet makes me more worried! I was less worried before when I thought all miscarriages were obvious - I assumed that if I hadn't obviously miscarried, the baby was okay. Now that I know about missed miscarriages I am much more scared!

lgh05 Thu 07-Dec-17 03:22:20

Same here @Heregoeseverything Mumsnet has made my worry sky rocket. Although now I can pick up babies heartbeat on a Doppler I feel a but more in control as I can “check in” and reassure myself when needed!

lampert Thu 07-Dec-17 11:58:19

I’m 15 weeks and still utterly petrified. My scan three weeks ago feels like an age ago and I am so worried the baby will have passed away because I have no symptoms and no bump! I thought I’d relax after 12 weeks but now I’m realising I will probably just worry all the way through...and then once it’s born I guess there’s a whole new range of worries!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now