Talk

Advanced search

So.very.tired

(25 Posts)
bathandpjs Wed 06-Dec-17 15:19:52

The tiredness is kicking in, I've never been good at getting up but it's the afternoon work slump I am struggling with.

Any tips?

I'd type more but I'm so very tired

thingymaboob Wed 06-Dec-17 15:22:21

How many weeks are you?

bathandpjs Wed 06-Dec-17 15:23:38

I'm 8+1 although I think I'm more like 6+5

LucyDolly Wed 06-Dec-17 15:27:14

I am exactly the same I cannot keep my eyes open after 9pm whatever happens. I do leave the house for work at 7am so maybe that's why.

My OH is like your 'only' 6 weeks ...but my god my body NEEDS full 8 hours otherwise I feel more sick!

bathandpjs Wed 06-Dec-17 15:30:06

I get up about 7, get in about 6:30. But it's after lunch about 2-2:30 when my whole body doesn't respond as I'm so tired

EastDulwichWife Wed 06-Dec-17 15:43:05

Do you have a first aid room at work? I really struggled until week 12 and had to take naps in the first aid room at work. I told my H&S officer and they were all for it - so was my boss. I recognise I am lucky, but try telling your boss. You'll get so much more support!

bathandpjs Wed 06-Dec-17 15:45:46

I've told my managers who said to take it easy. But I'm not sure they actually mean go and have a nap haha!

I don't have a first aid room at work 🙁

bathandpjs Wed 06-Dec-17 15:46:29

DH has suggested an afternoon coffee but I'm scared it's gonna keep me awake at night

BigBaboonBum Wed 06-Dec-17 15:49:12

First trimester is especially brutal for tiredness. I was so lethargic and couldn’t do anything. Second trimester you perk up a bit but then things like headaches and stuff zap your energy... third trimester is the best trimester but you’re massive so physically tiring due to extra weight and size.... you can’t win! Lol

bathandpjs Wed 06-Dec-17 16:27:39

How do I fast forward to when the baby is here?

I know there's nothing I can do but I just can't believe the tiredness!

makeitpink Wed 06-Dec-17 21:20:52

I am exhausted all the time!! My work have a nap room!! But I really could just sleep all day. I'm 11 + 2

thingymaboob Wed 06-Dec-17 21:30:12

@makeitpink your work have a nap room? What delightful work is this?

bathandpjs Wed 06-Dec-17 21:32:56

Is the nap room for pregnancy related naps only?

Imaginosity Wed 06-Dec-17 21:36:18

Do you have your car nearby? I used to bring a pillow and blanket and lie down in the back seat. Noy totally comfortable but a break from being in work.

Mrstobe90 Thu 07-Dec-17 00:09:57

You poor thing!
The first trimester was the hardest for me in terms of tiredness. Would literally sleep for 14 hours at a time!

Take it easy if you can and look forward to the second trimester where it should get easier! smile

TheEdge266 Thu 07-Dec-17 00:21:22

I'm just coming up to 36 weeks and I was more tired between 5 and 12 weeks than I am now. The first trimester tiredness is brutal. I'd get home from work, get DS in bed and crash by 7.30. I can't make it to almost half 8 now 😂

Seriously, it does get slightly better as you enter the 2nd trimester. Go easy on yourself.

Expectingbsbunumber2 Thu 07-Dec-17 07:06:48

You just Have to ride it out I'm afraid. It will pass by the second trimester. It did for me anyway

makeitpink Thu 07-Dec-17 07:09:00

@thingymaboob I work for the local authority (please don't kick me out of MN!!) the nap room is for people who have some form of medical condition that means they may require a rest. Pregnancy, recovering from surgery, disability etc.

AdmiralSirArchibald Thu 07-Dec-17 07:11:06

Oh yes, just awful awful fatigue. Got better around 17 weeks for me but I was still sick for longer. You have to remember your body is currently making the placenta, a whole new organ- No wonder you are tired! Just rest as much as you can. Go to bed when you get home. Etc.

PJsAndProsecco Thu 07-Dec-17 09:50:15

Exhaustion properly got to me this time around. Even my bones felt tired. It was relentless and I was just a crying mess most evenings after the work the past month!! It has now thankfully subsided (got better around 10 weeks) and I'm only really tired/sicky in the evenings. Keep going. Just get through each day. Early to bed. I was literally going to bed at the same time as my two year old for a couple of weeks.

Timeforanamochango Thu 07-Dec-17 09:54:51

First trimester is the worst for tiredness! Near the end now and have far more energy despite being huge and insomnia.

I had a coffee at 2pm every day, still was asleep at 7 but got me through the afternoon.

Also used hemeglobin tablets for tiredness
that really helped, (feroglobin?)

Hang on in there, it will pass!

Badgerthebodger Thu 07-Dec-17 10:00:25

You have my sympathy it’s the worst!! I used to get in from work and just collapse on the sofa, completely unable to move. I couldn’t even undress myself some evenings if evening is 7pm to go to bed. I remember crying at DH and asking would he PLEASE take my tights off grin

Try and look at your food, I know sorry, boak. Small meals might help with your energy. Slow release carbs, whole grains, not too much sugar because you get a real dip afterwards. I also used to go for a little walk after lunch, fresh air and moving helped a bit, even though it’s the last thing you feel like. It does end I promise!

spearo21 Thu 07-Dec-17 10:44:36

Oh I remember the first trimester tiredness well!!! I was sleeping every chance I got! It did get better though but now at 33 weeks and I'm feeling the tiredness set in again, work is a bit of a struggle now!

ClaireBear1986 Thu 07-Dec-17 11:20:29

I'm actually 21 weeks now, and tiredness has come back with a mighty bang. I thought I was meant to get all my energy back at this point.

I'm falling asleep on the sofa by 8.30pm every evening, and having to take afternoon naps at the weekend.
I went out for dinner with a friend last night, and got home at 9pm. Today I feel like I am recovering from 2 weeks in Ibiza, ha ha.

bathandpjs Thu 07-Dec-17 16:16:11

Thanks for all the sympathy it's all I wanted

I'm glad it's not going to last the whole pregnancy. I also get angry when tired, I've quit smoking so I'm doubly angry. Can't even have a vodka to chill myself out. My poor poor husband!

I can't sleep at night. If I'm in bed before my bedtime I just lie awake until my normal bedtime comes round. I've been like it since I was a kid.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now