Talk

Advanced search

Easing the sickness.

(5 Posts)
RosieCotton Wed 06-Dec-17 14:54:20

So I'm 7w1d today and for the last week I haven't been able to keep anything down at all. I've tried ginger biscuits, crackers, pressure bangles and nothing helps. Literally I've vomiting everything I eat. Do you ladies have any idea on what I could try for the sickness?

thingymaboob Wed 06-Dec-17 15:19:15

Well then you really need to go to the GP asap as it sounds like hyperemesis to me. If you're vomiting everything you eat, you're at risk of dehydration and weight loss. There's only one thing for it: medication! I was vomiting everything I ate from about 6ish weeks. I have been on cyclizine and ondansetron for the entire time. You don't have to suffer and hunger biscuits won't help!

thingymaboob Wed 06-Dec-17 15:20:04

*ginger biscuits

thingymaboob Wed 06-Dec-17 15:21:37

There's a lovely hyperemesis support thread on here for useful tips and a lovely group of supportive ladies. It's the grimmest of times!!! Urgh!!!
I lived on flat coke and hula hoops for weeks! It was the medication that helped the most.

RosieCotton Wed 06-Dec-17 15:49:12

Thank you ladies I have an appointment tomorrow so I'll mention it to her. I've honestly never felt so grim. Ive had morning sickness before with previous pregnancies but nothing like this. X

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now