Talk

Advanced search

Mucus plug at 34 weeks...

(5 Posts)
thingymaboob Wed 06-Dec-17 12:49:26

I am losing my mucus plug, I am 34+5. I had a lot of tightening braxton hicks yesterday and I've got back ache now. When did you lose your mucus plug and how soon after did you go into labour. Anyone start losing around 34 weeks?

JuJu2017 Wed 06-Dec-17 12:55:40

Hi there,

I lost my mucus plug at 33+6 and had back ache and Braxton hicks. The midwife on the triage unit told me it was normal to lose it at any point in the 3rd trimester and it doesn't mean labour is coming - she also said that it continuously sheds and comes back so it isn't a case of once you lose it's gone for good.
I was examined by a doctor though who said I was 1 cm dilated (he said this was totally normal and didn't mean labour was on its way - women start to dilate quite early on, especially on their 2nd child and this is my 2nd), and he said you lose your mucus plug when you being to dilate so could maybe mean you're starting to dilate?
if you're worried though go and get checked out smile xxx

chocolateorangeowls Wed 06-Dec-17 12:58:09

I lost mine in the morning and had my daughter the following day, but I was 38 weeks pregnant

kshaw Wed 06-Dec-17 13:22:35

I lost mine at dead on 34 weeks, had her at 34+6. I started 'leaking' the next day and just generally felt rubbish. Was told to just take it a bit easy and go to triage if worried. Woke up 34+4 with wet clothes and my waters had gone. Chose to be induced at 34+5 because I was strep b positive and risk was rising the longer i waited. I will say though I was predicted a big baby in the 95th percentile at full term and she was 6lb 11 so a decent size.
Good luck!

RoryItsSnowing Wed 06-Dec-17 13:29:04

35+5, but my waters broke at the same time. I went into labour 10 hours later.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: