Talk

Advanced search

Pregnant? See how your baby develops, your body changes, and what you can expect during each week of your pregnancy with the Mumsnet Pregnancy Calendar.

8 weeks and clothing tight and uncomfortable

(13 Posts)
AKP79 Wed 06-Dec-17 12:32:22

I'm only 8 weeks and already my clothing feels tight and uncomfortable. I'm assuming it's just bloat..

I am overweight already and have major anxiety about a lot of things in this pregnancy, miscarriage following 2 MMCs, but also weight gain (which I realise sounds shallow).

Is anyone else experiencing tight clothing this early on!?

LisaSimpsonsbff Wed 06-Dec-17 13:03:34

I'm 7+5 and also bloated (I think- it's that or I've put on weight, but I think I've been eating less than usual recently so I think it's bloat). I have been wearing things to work (luckily I can dress very casually) that are either loose or that I can sneakily undo my belt under because my belt that I normally wear on the third notch is now too tight on the first one! I haven't got many other symptoms but I've been really bloated for about a fortnight, and I think my boobs are also bigger.

I also have a history of pregnancy loss (2 MCs at 5 weeks and one at 7 before this pregnancy), so right there with you on the worrying!

AKP79 Wed 06-Dec-17 13:18:08

Thanks @LisaSimpsonsbff for the response, I'm glad to hear it's not just me on the worry front or the bloating!

I was on a very strict low calorie diet before pregnancy, which may account for some weight gain as I'm obviously not doing that now, but like you I've eaten very little. I've been struck with terrible nausea and can't face food. My daily intake is nothing for breakfast, cuppa soup and slice of toast at lunch and then a small evening meal - so I shouldn't really be gaining at all.

I have such a messed up relationship with my body and weight though that I think I'm focusing on that to almost distract from the worry of another MMC. It doesn't help that I have lost my nausea symptoms today and both my babies stopped developing at around this time.

LisaSimpsonsbff Wed 06-Dec-17 13:25:16

I've been doing a lot of panicking about not having any nausea - we always find something to worry about! Even though I haven't felt sick I have had a reduced appetite. I don't have particular problems with my weight or image (I am slightly overweight - BMI of 25.5 - but it's not something I think about much) but I am prone to quite unhealthy habits of going a long time without eating and then overeating in the evening, so I'm trying to keep an eye on that. I definitely think it sounds like bloating - which is v common in early pregnancy - and not weight gain.

MegEmski Wed 06-Dec-17 13:28:37

I haven't actually put much weight on (i am 14 weeks) but from 8 weeks on went up a size in jeans work trousers and knickers!

AKP79 Wed 06-Dec-17 13:31:37

Again thank you @MegEmski for the reassurance. The thing that's bugging me most is my knickers feel tight and almost scratchy!

CherryVicky29 Wed 06-Dec-17 13:37:19

I’m 8+6 and been uncomfortable in my clothes for well over a week now even in leggings. I have been extremely bloated since 4weeks and know I haven’t weight gained as I follow Slimming world.

Think it’s perfectly normal 🙂

AKP79 Wed 06-Dec-17 14:28:55

So so so glad I'm not alone on this.

Chaosofcalm Wed 06-Dec-17 14:33:26

Buy yourself some maternity jeans. They are amazing.

Ct17218 Wed 06-Dec-17 18:31:06

I bloated so hard in early pregnancy, to the point I was unzipping my trousers half was through the day!

I’m also overweight and was doing slimming world before pregnancy and still am now. I have gained a stone and a half currently (29+4wks) but I am now starting to lose weight! I can not recommend attending a group more as I know without it I would have put on bloody loads!

The weight gain was hard to deal with at first but then I just thought that by the time the baby comes I’ll loose about a stone , what with baby, placenta, and reduced blood volume and water weight in my body! Xx

Expectingbsbunumber2 Wed 06-Dec-17 20:46:29

I was so bloated when i was 8 weeks and yup my Jeans were super tight!

JoJoSM2 Wed 06-Dec-17 20:57:04

Maybe it depends on the type of clothes you wear? I wear loose clothing normally and despite being evidently bloated with an expanded belly, I’ve got a long way to go before it starts looking too tight. By I can imagine that if someone wears tighter styles, they could struggle at the 8 week stage.

WineAndTiramisu Thu 07-Dec-17 12:46:25

I lost weight in the first 10 weeks due to nausea, but still had to switch to maternity jeans at about 7-8 weeks as my normal ones wouldn't do up!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: