Talk

Advanced search

Could I be? Confusing results!!

(7 Posts)
scruffpup Wed 06-Dec-17 10:28:06

I tested with 4 cheapies this morning.. all showing faint positives, then I used an FRER and got a positive... albeit faint but definitely a clear positive. Clear blue digital said negative! Am I too early for the digital? Af due tomorrow.
Thanks in advance!

boopdoop Wed 06-Dec-17 10:31:20

Clear blue digital tends to need a higher hormone level to show positive so often doesn't give a positive result as early as the others. If you've got lines with other tests and especially a first response one then sounds like you are! Congratulations!

Bringbeboback Wed 06-Dec-17 10:31:31

I'd say it sounds like you are as it's more unusual to get a false positive than it is to get a false negative. Some of the digital ones don't show a positive until a few days past period due. My sister didn't get one until she was 3 weeks past her period but she got positives with other tests

mindutopia Wed 06-Dec-17 10:35:19

You're likely too early for the digital or you've weed too much already after taking 5 previous tests. I've only taken a digital when I had a very clear and obvious positive on a FRER.

BunsOfAnarchy Wed 06-Dec-17 22:11:19

Frer is most accurate. So congratulations! Do the clear blue in a few days, it'll pick up the hormone then. My first frer was the lightest line ever but got darker on my second frer 3 days later

lgh05 Thu 07-Dec-17 03:49:30

Exactly the same thing with me (I am 10 Weeks tomorrow), I only got a BFP on a digital 2 days after af was due but frer all were faint positives ( from 4 days before AF) which got stronger as the days went by- I had a POAS addiction! Congratulations on your pregnancy!

scruffpup Thu 07-Dec-17 07:09:29

Thanks all for your lovely comments!! I'm still in shock!! I have a cb digital positive this morning so it all feels more real now! I feel sick already so hoping this one sticks smile thanks again x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now