Talk

Advanced search

Recommended induction - 2nd baby

(3 Posts)
DappledThings Wed 06-Dec-17 08:15:28

Does anyone have any experience of being recommended a second induction and if so when? DS was induced at 10 days over and they said for first ones that's the latest they recommend going.

DC2 is due Xmas Day. DH is currently working 1.5-2 hours away and I'm trying to work out if it's worth him saying he'll start his paternity leave by 2nd Jan if nothing happened before that to reduce stress levels. Been told baby likely to come fast and to head to hospital at first contraction which isn't helping me relax!

Will obviously ask midwife but not seeing them again until 19th. So anyone know if they are likely to say 10 days max again or are they more relaxed about going further with 2nd ones?

Cakescakescakes Wed 06-Dec-17 08:21:08

I had two inductions both at 40+10. First one was complicated with lost of tearing and long recovery. Second was an absolute walk in the park. Much much much easier and I was very distressed in the run up to it. Second DS weighed 10lb so glad they didn’t wait longer! I think it’s up to your hospital about letting g you go over. I was over 35 so 10 days was the maximum they would allow.

DappledThings Wed 06-Dec-17 08:24:44

Ah, hadn't thought about the age factor. I'm 38 so they will take that into account. DS was fine, 13 hours start to finish and under 7lbs. This one projecting small too (have had additional growth scans due to DS weight) so don't mind being induced too much.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now