Talk

Advanced search

Fainted at work

(17 Posts)
makeitpink Wed 06-Dec-17 05:18:36

Well I hadn't really told the office but they all know now!! I fainted at work today, was out for around 5 minutes. Work called an ambulance and they checked me over and said I was fine. My question is do I need to phone/inform my midwife? This is my second episode of fainting.

Pinkbedsheets Wed 06-Dec-17 05:38:19

I would phone midwife. Although, this did happen to me twice in my pregnancy, before I was pregnant I had never fainted before and since I’ve had my baby I haven’t fainted again.

PandaCat Wed 06-Dec-17 07:37:33

I fainted with my first, it was due to low iron. I didn't tell the midwife, as I was taken to see a doctor as soon as I came around!

SS81C Wed 06-Dec-17 07:46:52

How many weeks are you?
I would probably mention it to your midwife and book yourself in with the GP too. It's not uncommon in pregnancy but obviously there is a risk you could injure yourself and it needs looking in to.

Perpetualstateofchaos Wed 06-Dec-17 07:53:40

I fainted with both of mine due to low iron and blood pressure. I went Drs with the fieat and he signed me of work for 6 weeks as i could barely stand without fainting.

makeitpink Wed 06-Dec-17 09:01:57

I'm just shy of 12 weeks. Work phoned an ambulance (which was embarrassing!!) and they checked me over and said I was fine. I will phone the midwife today and let her know.

makeitpink Wed 06-Dec-17 09:02:52

I do get really bad dizzy spells when I stand. Even when I try and stand slowly!! I mentioned it to the midwife at my booking in appt but she didn't seem too concerned?

Mummyme87 Wed 06-Dec-17 15:19:19

May have a bit of low blood pressure. Increase the salt in your diet a little, maybe some salted crisps

LorelaiVictoriaGilmore Wed 06-Dec-17 15:25:16

Definitely tell your midwife and book yourself into see a GP. I had a couple of episodes during my last pregnancy - low blood pressure. And please be careful! One of my fainting episodes happened while I was holding a kettle of boiling water - it was not nice!

makeitpink Wed 06-Dec-17 21:09:42

Well I spoke to my midwife and she said to see my gp so will book in tomorrow.

makeitpink Wed 06-Dec-17 21:10:38

I have been craving salt and vinegar chipsticks 😂😂

mintich Wed 06-Dec-17 21:11:18

That's exactly how my work found out I was pregnant!!

LorelaiVictoriaGilmore Wed 06-Dec-17 21:11:30

I think they would be medicinal!

fannythrobbing Wed 06-Dec-17 21:14:12

My blood pressure goes through the floor when I'm pregnant and I often faint (mostly because I'm still so sick and have vasovagal syncope but BP doesn't help). Best thing to do is to drink plenty of water to bolster the blood pressure but definitely still get checked out in case it is iron/ferritin levels as well as low BP.
Hope you're feeling better soon.

makeitpink Wed 06-Dec-17 21:17:26

I've had bloods done and iron is apparently fine. I have two DS's from a previous relationship and never fainted with them. And I'm not really a fainter normally!! When the paramedics checked me over my blood pressure went down when I stood up. And I am finding that when I stand I feel very dizzy. Not really feeling like I want to eat either which probably isn't helping.

LorelaiVictoriaGilmore Wed 06-Dec-17 21:21:44

When the paramedics checked me over my blood pressure went down when I stood up. And I am finding that when I stand I feel very dizzy. This was exactly what happened to me in my last pregnancy. I had three episodes between 12-20 weeks and then was fine. I have low blood pressure anyway and I think that your blood pressure drops lower as the placenta forms...

TriJo Thu 07-Dec-17 00:04:58

Happened to me a few times in my 2nd trimester in both sticky bean pregnancies. My blood pressure runs quite low when I'm pregnant .

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now