Talk

Advanced search

UTI early pregnancy

(3 Posts)
1Kellymcgee1 Tue 05-Dec-17 19:58:48

Hi I’m just wondering for the past few days I’ve been feeling like I have a water infection but also had slight spotting, went the toilet earlier and noticed a 50p sized amount of bright red blood in under wear, I am pregnant and I’m estimating around 4-5 weeks,? Just wondering if a UTI would cause a slight bleed, all clear since this slight bleed today upto now x

CaptainsCat Tue 05-Dec-17 20:33:21

Get to the GP about that UTI, they can in fact increase the chance of miscarriage by irritating the uterus. Chance is low but is there. I wouldn’t have expected a UTI to cause spotting, but spotting is in itself very common in early pregnancy. If it happens again you could call EPU for advice.

emvy Tue 05-Dec-17 20:44:48

As previous poster has said, I'm not sure that a UTI causes spotting but spotting is incredibly common. I had a UTI when I would have been about 5 weeks and ended up on a half course of antibiotics. I also (separately) experienced some light bleeding in the early weeks. I'm 21+4 now and all seems well so no harm done by either the UTI or the spotting. Contact your gp though for the UTI as you need to get that sorted.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now