Talk

Advanced search

My first his second

(2 Posts)
hollyindie Tue 05-Dec-17 09:20:37

I’m 33 weeks pregnant at the moment and I just need some advice of people who have been in this situation.
My partner has a daughter already and we are expecting a boy in January and I think the reality has just hit me that so much is going to change and I’m scared that things are not going to be the same for us.
Baby is going to be my first and I’m really scared that I am not going to know what to do. My partner has a daughter and his is obviously going to know what to do having been there before.

I want our baby to be special and I know he will be to us both. I’ve just got these thoughts in my head that he is going to compare me and his ex parenting and I’m going to look a terrible mam because he will know what to do straight away and I won’t.

What if he looks at me and thinks his ex was a better Mam than me?

I know these thoughts are probably unreasonable but I’m pregnant, hormonal and in need of reassurance

SundayLunchHappy Tue 05-Dec-17 10:49:01

Birth is the beginning of a new life and therefore a new family dynamic. Every baby, mother and father-son relationship is different. Therefore I would just look forward to your new addition and not fret over something that hasn't happened, is unlikely to happen and would be totally ridiculous if it did!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now