Talk

Advanced search

Due March 2018

(37 Posts)
teabagfreak Tue 05-Dec-17 06:56:53

Hi everyone, I've seen loads of threads about pregnancies due Jan, Feb, April, Summer Babies etc but none for March... apologies if there already is one, but couldn't find it.

I'm due 17 March 2018 and so far have had a good pregnancy. Actually really pleased with my due date as have the whole spring and "summer" to get out and about with my pram walking with my wee one 😊 and by the time the festivities are over it will fly in hopefully 🤞

Pinky333777 Tue 05-Dec-17 07:10:57

The 17th definitely is the best date.
I'm due then too grin
I'm hoping my boy arrives a bit earlier though as there are several birthdays on and around the 17th.
I'm selfish. I don't want his birthday shared. I want it all about him 🤣🤣🤣

Did you opt to find out if you're having a boy/girl?

I was getting worried about not feeling any movements until a couple of weeks ago. Now baby seems to throw a funky disco in there several times a day. Mostly at sleep time hmm

How are things with you?

teabagfreak Tue 05-Dec-17 07:32:53

We have a lot of birthdays in March as well and my dad is 65 on the 12th so he is hoping that it falls on his birthday 😂 perfect birthday present!

This is our first baby so didn't want to find out the sex, looking forward to a surprise. Is this your first baby?

All been good and plenty of movements, mainly in evenings and mornings when I am relaxing watching tv.

We have another scan to get in January as have low lying placenta so another scan just to check it's moved, fingers crossed 🤞

PandaCat Tue 05-Dec-17 07:37:32

I'm due the 6th with our second little girl. I'm 27 weeks today. smile

Veinarde Tue 05-Dec-17 08:06:09

I'm due on the 9th with my first. Feeling amazing so far smile is anyone doing yoga and deep squats?

teabagfreak Tue 05-Dec-17 08:08:25

I used to be really active before getting pregnant, running etc but since finding out I have not had the energy, and I really wanted to start yoga, but didn't know if that would be okay since I haven't done it before. I feel I have left it too late now to start any type of exercise... 🤔

Ishouldreallybeworkingg Tue 05-Dec-17 11:24:51

www.mumsnet.com/Talk/antenatal_clubs/3026928-March-2018-Part-Four?pg=16&order=

Link to March 2018 group if you fancied joining in!

Pinky333777 Tue 05-Dec-17 16:56:32

Yup this ones my first.
I've been hopeless for exercising. I've done nothing 😁
But I'm going to an antenatal exercise class on Monday at the hospital, so that might motivate me 😊

thaigreencurry82 Tue 05-Dec-17 22:45:02

Yay a March thread! I’m due 10th with my first. She kicks away a lot, especially at night! I really want to do baby yoga with her when she’s born smile

teabagfreak Wed 06-Dec-17 06:24:31

How organised are you all? I keep having moments of panic thinking what I still need to do, because in reality it's only two months after xmas!!

I have pram ordered, nursery painted but still to get carpet and furniture ordered 🙈 but that's pretty much all I've done...

PandaCat Wed 06-Dec-17 07:30:49

We're not that organised tbh, but I don't feel like I'm running out of time.. We have moses basket, clothes (DD1s old baby clothes), a bouncer, bottles, nappies and wipes so far.

We will be getting changing unit and cot, pram etc after Christmas. We need to redecorate DD1s bedroom (baby will go in with her eventually) too.

teabagfreak Wed 06-Dec-17 07:52:37

Yeah I'm hoping to get some furniture in the Boxing Day sales... Got some nappies and wipes too stocked up.

I have family who have asked what we need so I have assigned the Moses basket and bouncer to them. I keep thinking plenty of time but still have moments of panic. This is our first so starting from scratch.

Sassy306 Wed 06-Dec-17 08:38:25

Congratulations op smile I'm also due on March 17th though I am having a section so will probably be around the 10th all going well.
I had an emcs with my first 11 years ago at 32 weeks due to pre eclampsia and unfortunately I already have slightly high blood pressure and protein in my urine so being closely monitored and hoping to make it to as close to my due date as possible smile apart from some clothes and a baby swing which were gifted to me I haven't got a thing lol. Going shopping for a car seat and pram this weekend and still deciding between the chico next to me crib or the tutti bambini. I gained 3 stone in my last pregnancy but am lucky enough this time to have only gained 2lbs so far all bump...not that I think it will stay that way lol.

PandaCat Wed 06-Dec-17 10:11:23

Understandable. I was so laid back with our first, I was convinced I'd go over so hadn't built the moses basket stand or anything when she was born! She was only a few days early but still. I want to be ready and waiting by the middle of Feb this time!

We were starting from scratch too, apart from the clothes! Our daughter is almost 6! It's lucky that baby is a girl, but if she does happen to be a he I do have some neutral onsies and vests I bought DD1 just incase too!

teabagfreak Wed 06-Dec-17 17:27:01

I really fancied getting one of the next to me cots, although I thought Moses basket be more practical for baby sleeping in livingroom during the day. Didn't want to waste money on Moses basket and next to me cot. Or can this be taken downstairs for sleeps during day too?

I'm planning on breastfeeding but not sure what equipment I need for that... 🤔 and should I get formula Just incase? I am going to antenatal classes in January which should cover feeding so hopefully this makes me more knowledgeable.

mummyG2C Wed 06-Dec-17 18:12:01

Hi all I am due 21st of March (2nd baby my daughter will be 2 on 30th March, obviously I only have children in March!!) haha I must say I loved having her in spring it was lovely having spring and summer with a little one! Don't worry about organisation, I was the same with first didn't do anything until January sales there's plenty of time, I haven't even thought about the next one yet (I do feel sorry for it already!) keep saying will sort in January! Luckily we have lots of unisex clothes from first and as exact same of year will be fine for this little one as well!

In terms of equipment, we have a next2me side sleeper, I found in INVALUABLE with 1st as ended up with an emergency section due to her being undiagnosed breech until I was 7cms. And for the night feeds etc it was so helpful when moving is tricky! We never had a Moses basket and won't this time if you have the space and a good pram (we have silver cross wayfarer) we just had that up in the house as you can rock etc anyone I knew who had a Moses basket never used it or did for like a month and babies outgrew it really quickly, I love the look of them but probably won't get one (also as I can see the two year old being over eager and pulling it over!). I breastfed and I must say I bought a medela electric breast pump in the January sales, if you plan on breast feeding GET ONE they are worth their weight in gold!

Ewan the sheep is invaluable, if you want to use dummies some new born dummies we used MAM. Clothes wise we got some great winter bits (it's still quite cold in March for newborn) in January sales, coats etc so look out. Trying to think of anything else I can help with!! Oh and in January time look out for the baby events the hold every 3ish months in super markets that is by far the best time to really stock up on nappies and baby bits, don't forget stuff like bags of cotton wool as you use that instead of wipes with warm water when they are newborn.

Hope everyone is getting on well, I have had really bad sickness only just coming to and end now at 25 weeks so pregnancy feels soooooo different this time, I also had an anterior placenta (and breech baby which didn't help!) the first time so only really experiencing how different the crazy kicks and movements I can actually feel this time which is awesome!

teabagfreak Wed 06-Dec-17 18:33:58

Brill advice @mummyG2C I will definitely be looking to get one of the breast pumps. Hoping to pick up quite a lot in January sales...

That's good you are getting to experience the kicks and movements this time round. I have got the silver cross Henley pram ordered 😊 I absolutely love it can't wait to get out pushing baby in pram.

Shehz21 Wed 06-Dec-17 18:42:18

Yay a March baby thread!
25 weeks tomorrow with 1st baby and it's a girl smile
Horrid pregnancy so far with hyperemesis and SPD but can't wait to meet my wee one!
Have got nothing so far apart from 10 onesies and couple of socks and hats.
Gonna go crazy for boxing day sales grin

Shehz21 Wed 06-Dec-17 18:43:52

Oh and due 22nd of March and definitely getting a next2me cot (either the chicco or the snuzpod)!

RayM Wed 06-Dec-17 19:04:38

Whoop for the March baby thread!

I’m due on the 20th smile and baby will be my first! I had the harmony test at 10 weeks and the result said we’ll be having a girl which I’m chuffed to bits about!

We’ve bought a pram. After lots of research we’d narrowed it down to having either an icandy peach or a vista uppababy. We eventually settled on the icandy in ‘jet’. We’ve also bought nursery furniture - only the cot and changing table/draws as I’m not sure yet about a miniature wardrobe! And finally we’ve got a car seat and base. I think we’ve been too eager to buy stuff up to now!

Currently in the process of purchasing the house she’ll be coming home to. Fingers crossed for completion before Christmas!

RayM Wed 06-Dec-17 19:07:06

Shehz21- I’ve suffered terribly with hypermesis too sad. Cyclizine is helping food and fluids stay down.

I’m another opting for the snuzpod!

BunsOfAnarchy Wed 06-Dec-17 19:09:19

Just sliding into this with a due date of 30th March smile
Having our First, we think it's a girl (20 week scan the nurse said she can't see anything between legs so we pretty much convinced it's a wee girlie!)
Dh and I are over the moon with excitement especially after 5 months of pure spewing my guts in the loo. I just can't wait to meet this little wiggly monster who I already love so so much!

teabagfreak Wed 06-Dec-17 19:15:36

I really feel for you ladies who have been sick and feeling yucky! I've been so lucky not have been sick once during my pregnancy. The worst thing I've had so far is constipation and sciatic nerve pain now and again.

I'm really considering ditching the idea of Moses basket now and getting a next to me cot... 🤔 I need to do some research. Do they attach to the bed?

PandaCat Wed 06-Dec-17 19:46:20

I have no idea about the next to me cots, we just went down the moses basket & Cot route with DD1 but we were in a flat at the time so it was easy to move moses basket to the living room in the early days. I suppose if we get a pram with a carry cot we could use that for downstairs this time.

1stX Wed 06-Dec-17 19:50:04

I wondered where the march baby thread was. I’m also due on March 6th Pandacat. This is our 1st. No idea what we’re doing! X

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now