Talk

Advanced search

Early scans previous miscarriage?

(8 Posts)
1Kellymcgee1 Mon 04-Dec-17 21:00:34

Hi I recently suffered a miscarriage and just found out I am pregnant again, would I get earlier scans from the hospital or am I best booking a private reassurance scan, not a chance I can wait til 12 weeks so anxious, thank you xx

Summer1986 Mon 04-Dec-17 21:02:50

Congratulations on your pregnancy!
I'm currently 9.5 weeks with my third pregnancy, my first two were miscarriages at 9w and 5.5w. This time around I was told by my midwife I could only get an early scan if I had bleeding or severe pain so I paid for a private scan at 8w. Good luck whatever you decide.

JoJoSM2 Mon 04-Dec-17 21:03:15

I’m not sure that a hospital would scan you unless you have some untoward symptoms. You could as well get a private scan - 7 weeks is a good time as measuring things and the heartbeat can be pretty predictive of things.

AnneLovesGilbert Mon 04-Dec-17 21:03:32

Sorry for your loss. You won’t get an NHS early scan if all seems well I don’t think. They tend to keep them for people who have bleeding or pain. I know how anxious subsequent pregnancies can be after a loss so if you think it will help then it would be worth booking a private scan.

Congratulations on your pregnancy, I hope it’s healthy and uneventful smile

1Kellymcgee1 Mon 04-Dec-17 21:11:11

Yes great I’ll book one anyway. Thanks for all the advice xx

MadeForThis Mon 04-Dec-17 21:33:47

I had a missed miscarriage at 11 weeks. Nhs will only scan if you have bleeding again. Next 2 pregnancies we got a private scan at around 8-9 weeks.

Don't go too early as they might not detect baby and you can be upset for no reason.

At 8-9 weeks there will be a clear heartbeat and baby can be seen.

1Kellymcgee1 Tue 05-Dec-17 20:00:26

That’s what I now plan to do, thanks so much for reply’s xx

TwiceAsNice22 Tue 05-Dec-17 20:05:40

I booked an early private ultrasound when I was in the same situation as you. It was at 5 and a half weeks and worth every penny - I found out I was having twins! Best of luck with this pregnancy

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now