Advanced search

30 week pregnant and having housing issues

(5 Posts)
Natitis Mon 04-Dec-17 20:53:34

Im 30 weeks pregnant and have spd using crutches at the moment live in a first floor bedsit no elevators. My tenancy agreement says that children aren't allowed in the bedsit I haven't told my landlord yet im expecting. I split up with my partner when i was 17 weeks and im really stressed about what will happen when baby comes im on the housing register on band d. I feel really anxious and stressed about it all. I cant private rent as i can't afford it please advise me thanks

StillMissV Mon 04-Dec-17 21:08:59

You need to let your landlord know and then speak to the local authority about your options. They have a duty to accommodate you, or assist you to find affordable accommodation.

Natitis Mon 04-Dec-17 21:36:28

I will let him know thanks

SweetheartTreacleTart Mon 04-Dec-17 21:41:00

Sorry to hear that you are in this situation. I would agree with pp, definitely speak to your council and explain your situation. They may not be able to do much now, but once you've given birth the may have no choice but to house you. I hope it all works out for you and the baby.

Natitis Tue 05-Dec-17 10:07:03

thanks hun

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now