Talk

Advanced search

Pregnant? See how your baby develops, your body changes, and what you can expect during each week of your pregnancy with the Mumsnet Pregnancy Calendar.

No symptoms in early pregnancy

(25 Posts)
Autumn0909 Mon 04-Dec-17 19:33:53

Hi all
I posted on here in the conception board yesterday with two very strong positive pregnancy tests. However, the only symptom I’ve had is stomach cramping. My boobs are slightly sore, as they usually are before my period.
If dating from my last period, I’m 5+2. Does anybody else have any stories of hardly any symptoms? I visited my doctor today and he took my word for it that I was pregnant and he didn’t seem bothered that I didn’t have any symptoms. I just imagined I’d feel completely different! This is my first pregnancy, by the way.

darceybussell Mon 04-Dec-17 19:35:43

Me neither - no sickness, bit of tiredness but not much else - starting to wonder if I have imagined the whole thing! I'm now 9+5!

LambMadras Mon 04-Dec-17 19:41:38

My second pregnancy was like that. I felt like a fraud turning up to the 12 week scan and was very relieved to see there was actually a baby in there!!
Just enjoy feeling well!

AccrualIntentions Mon 04-Dec-17 19:43:29

I had practically no symptoms my entire pregnancy (except heartburn and a bump!) My baby is now 3 weeks old smile

It did worry me in the beginning too, every time I had a scan I was convinced they'd tell me there was nothing there.

Ishouldreallybeworkingg Mon 04-Dec-17 19:43:36

You're still very early on so you may get symptoms later on but some people just dont. Enjoy it if you don't!

carringtonm Mon 04-Dec-17 19:47:20

I'm 13 weeks now and have hardly had symptoms the whole pregnancy. Been sick once (at 7 weeks), felt more tired, and had sore boobs for about a week at 8 weeks. Other than that, nothing. Baby was fine at our scan last week so try not to worry - from speaking to friends it's fairly common, you're probably just having a nice, easy pregnancy! Enjoy it!

ClareB83 Mon 04-Dec-17 20:03:19

I didn't get morning sickness til week 7/8, don't worry.

Blahblahblahzeeblah Mon 04-Dec-17 20:05:28

I had nothing until 8 weeks and I was having twins so the hormones should've been super high.

Terramirabilis Mon 04-Dec-17 20:08:32

7 weeks here. Peeing more often and more tired. But nothing else.

thingymaboob Mon 04-Dec-17 20:15:19

When I was 5-6 weeks pregnant I had no symptoms apart from a dislike of coffee. 6 weeks hit and I got struck down with hyperemesis and it's been a horrible miserable pregnancy ever since. My colleague found out she was pregnant at 14 weeks recently and was totally shocked as she had no symptoms.

hannknitted Mon 04-Dec-17 20:17:25

I'm 6 weeks today and don't have much in the way of symptoms... since yesterday (5+6) my appetite has been starting to go a bit off and I've had a few mild waves of nausea - that's really the first hint of anything I've had so far.

Like you, I keep reading about women who are completely floored with sickness / tiredness and can't help getting a feeling of panic that I don't have any of this, but then the rational part of me just reminds myself that everyone's pregnancy is different and symptoms or lack of don't necessarily mean anything at all and I should just be grateful I'm still able to go about my day!

It's my first baby too.

Terramirabilis Mon 04-Dec-17 20:20:38

The thing I always think (been pregnant before so more than one experience to compare) is that people who are having a tough time with symptoms are far more likely to talk about it IRL or online. Those of us who really don't find it too bad have nothing to complain about, aren't looking for tips on alleviating symptoms and don't want to come across smug!

Terramirabilis Mon 04-Dec-17 20:21:02

So it gives a skewed perspective on how common it is to have a fairly symptom-free pregnancy.

donajimena Mon 04-Dec-17 20:23:08

I've just posted on a similar thread. My second pregnancy the only symptoms were no periods and a bump!

Carolwithane Mon 04-Dec-17 20:26:17

I had no symptoms at all apart from missed period - nothing, nada, zilch!

Was in shock at 12 week scan when there was actually a baby!

Congratulations!

fannythrobbing Mon 04-Dec-17 20:43:11

I had zero symptoms this time until I got food poisoning at 10 weeks, I've been sick every day since (I'm 24 weeks) with my first the symptoms didn't kick in til around 7 weeks and peaked at around 10 weeks. Enjoy it while it lasts!

YouBoggleMyMind Mon 04-Dec-17 20:48:20

No symptoms here either. Not a peep. Am 38 weeks today smile

MadeForThis Mon 04-Dec-17 20:54:20

Don't count your chickens yet. It's still early. My sickness started at around 6 weeks. Fine one day then constantly queasy. But I know lots of people who never felt sick once.

Autumn0909 Mon 04-Dec-17 21:39:43

Such a relief to hear! I was starting to get worried that I’d made it all up. I certainly will enjoy it now then!

LozM1982 Mon 04-Dec-17 21:46:34

Hi, sorry ive just joined and reading posts to try and provide me piece of mind. Can i ask what it means when people say they are 5+2?

AnythingNotEverything Mon 04-Dec-17 21:49:35

Loz it means how pregnant you are. 5 weeks and 2 days.

I'm 10 ish weeks now and was absolutely fine until 6 weeks. I bet it's just still too early.

Good luck!

DeltaG Mon 04-Dec-17 21:57:58

Be thankful! I'm 33 weeks and had HG from week 5 to week 29. I got sciatica around week 20 too and am still battling with that. I've not left the house for much of the pregnancy and my life has basically been on hold; I've achieved nothing this year. Wish I'd been able to enjoy it instead of needing anti-depressants to get me through it!

Howsthings1234 Mon 04-Dec-17 23:35:57

Both times I haven't even done a test till I was 9 weeks as the only symptom was no period and feeling like I was about to get my period (mild cramps and sore boobs)

haveacupoftea Mon 04-Dec-17 23:43:16

Yeah you don't usually get many symptoms til 7 weeks or after. That why on the conception threads when people list every symptom going you know it's probably psychosomatic. Having said that though I was really thirsty around 5 weeks. Supposedly this is a thing and it's because your blood volume is increasing.

RosieCotton Tue 05-Dec-17 13:06:08

I thought I was symptom free, until I hit 7 weeks, now I can't sleep, I'm vomiting every few hours, my boobs hurt I generally feel crappy.

I worried in the first weeks that I had zero symptoms apart from missed AF now I regret worrying so much. Lol. Enjoy it while it lasts sweetie.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: