Talk

Advanced search

28 weeks and feeling useless :(

(6 Posts)
Moanyoldcow Mon 04-Dec-17 17:58:18

I don't know why I'm posting really but I just feel utterly rubbish.

I'm 28 weeks pregnant and have no energy. I've got PIH which is medicated, taking blood thinners because I'm fat and I'm just constantly exhausted. It's just come on badly last 2/3 weeks.

I work 3 days and have a son who is 4. Today I planned to do some tidying and washing after the school run. After I took delivery of the weekly shop I fell asleep in the sofa until 2pm.

House is a tip and I'm just feeling crap and useless. Sorry for the moan.

quarterpast Mon 04-Dec-17 20:31:55

God I'm with you OP. I'm 29 weeks with my fourth and really feeling it. My other DC's are a bit older though so no toddlers to run about after which I found to be the killer in my previous pregnancies. I'm just so tired all the time even the smallest task seems exhausting. Urgh!

Moanyoldcow Mon 04-Dec-17 22:07:20

I had a little cry when DH got home but he cooked dinner and put our son to bed so I've had a bit of downtime.

I'm suffering badly with SPD which doesn't help either. I just want my baby really - I'll feel so much better when he's out and I can start recovering. I'm not someone who suits being pregnant - that's for sure!

User45632874 Mon 04-Dec-17 22:12:26

I can relate to the feeling utterly rubbish bit (I am 24 weeks). I have two dc's and think this adds a lot to my tiredness (although one dc is older). Plus I am older myself - in my early 40's and have become much larger in the last week or two. I take tablets for anaemia, plus anti-clotting medication, I find sleep isn't always consistent and get easily frustrated at all the things that I can't do and find that I can only do minimal housework before I become very tired. I have kind of given up and resigned myself to it - fortunately dh is brilliant in the housework department but he also works full-time so extra pressure on him at the moment, covering all the things I usually do. Sorry to hear that you are struggling but you are not alone x I am so grateful to be pregnant (I have experience infertility and a late loss) so I am also experiencing much anxiety. I can't wait for this to be over and I am wishing time away; this will be my last pregnancy.

quarterpast Mon 04-Dec-17 22:39:46

SPD is awful. I have had it to varying degrees throughout my pregnancies and now have crutches and am under care of the hospital physio. I try not to use the crutches unless I really need them though. Are you getting help for your SPD?

Moanyoldcow Mon 04-Dec-17 23:50:00

Yes - I've got crutches. A support belt and am seeing a chiropractor which all helps.

Thankfully it seems a bit less severe this pregnancy. Last time I was doped up on very strong codeine just to get to the shower.

It is miserable. Sorry there are more of you feeling like this - it can be so upsetting to want to do do things you just can't.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now