Talk

Advanced search

Hard bump gone soft- is this normal?

(7 Posts)
readysetcake Mon 04-Dec-17 11:35:44

Second baby but can’t remember this from my first. I’m 16 weeks today and my bump has been quite big and hard the last few weeks. But today it’s so soft and squishy. I just feel fat rather than pregnant. Anyone else had this? Anything to worry about.? I’ve got midwife tomorrow thankfully but just thought I’d ask here as I’m a bit concerned. Thanks!

calamityjam Mon 04-Dec-17 11:41:54

16 weeks is early days and your uterus is still low down. I should imagine if your stomach was hard it was more likely to have been bloating which has subsided making it now soft.

katmarie Mon 04-Dec-17 16:15:45

I'm 33 weeks and I find my bump does change, sometimes it's very hard, sometimes less so, it's done that all the way through, since I got a bump really. If you're worried at all though definitely ask your midwife.

BigBaboonBum Mon 04-Dec-17 16:33:13

I’m 16 weeks on Friday and that hardness I have isn’t baby, it’s everything being pushed up along with bloat. Baby is further down at this point but if you do something like orgasm (sorry tmi) and feel the bottom of your stomach you’ll be able to feel the womb better then

dangle90 Mon 04-Dec-17 19:16:43

I think I posted when I was around 16 weeks about the same thing, everyone told me to ring up maternity assessment, I did and they weren't interested because it was too early on sad. Bump went back to normal, so don't know what it was, now 35 weeks and touch wood the twins are still fine x

Rainbowandraindrops67 Mon 04-Dec-17 19:21:56

Surely just means the baby has moved inside you? Say back now at your back?

readysetcake Mon 04-Dec-17 20:56:19

I figured most of my bump is bloat/things getting pushed forward as baby is still only size of a pear. I was just anxious that very squishy tummy meant lack of hormones which meant some thing bad! Thanks for your replies everyone. Seems like the body is a mystery and expands and contracts to its own rhythm. Hope the midwife checks heartbeat tomorrow to put my mind at rest. Can’t wait to start feeling movements. Remember feeling calmer when I could feel DD regularly.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now