Talk

Advanced search

Anyone else with tocophobia? fear of pregnansy?

(5 Posts)
Boja123 Mon 04-Dec-17 10:52:43

I have literally my worst nightmare. I m 7 weeks pregnant. The idea of something growing inside me scares me. Baby is very much wanted. For a long time, I'm anxious. I managed to contact some women from the forums who had a similar experience. But I'm still in constant fear. Nobody heard in my country for a tocophobia. Neither a psychiatrist nor a psychologist or my gynecologist. I want to overcome this fear. I'm not taking anxiety medications when I m found I was pregnant. my English is not perfect, I hope you understand.

AssassinatedBeauty Mon 04-Dec-17 10:58:42

Where do you live Boja? Maybe you could take some information about tokophobia to your gynaecologist and discuss it with them? This website might be helpful:

www.tommys.org/pregnancy-information/im-pregnant/mental-wellbeing/specific-mental-health-conditions/tokophobia

Boja123 Mon 04-Dec-17 11:00:09

I'm from Bosnia.

Boja123 Tue 05-Dec-17 17:57:05

Am I the only one? sad

SomehowSomewhere1 Tue 05-Dec-17 23:54:53

Hi,
I found this thread from before which has people talking about tokophobia so definitely not alone: www.mumsnet.com/Talk/childbirth/1532096-I-need-your-help-and-advice-regarding-tokophobia.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now