Talk

Advanced search

3rd baby.....10yr age gap!

(12 Posts)
makeitpink Mon 04-Dec-17 10:38:58

Hello! Well the heading says it all really. I am expecting baby number 3 in June next year. I have two DS's currently 9yrs and 10yrs. It's like starting again!! I would say I'm a bit more relaxed this time but I am also nervous about how this baby will change our family dynamics.
Anyhoo really just seeking support/stories/hints and tips!! And any other June mommas out there!

Prettyprettygood Mon 04-Dec-17 11:23:25

I have dd14, ds13 and a 6 month old ds, so was almost exactly where you are this time last year.

It took dd a while to get used to the baby but she idolises him now, whereas ds was smitten from the first scan picture.

Do your ds know about the baby yet?

CAAKE Mon 04-Dec-17 11:25:42

We have a 7yr gap between dc1 and dc2. Yes, it was like starting all over again!

Bonelessbanquet Mon 04-Dec-17 11:33:08

Currently expecting DC2, DD will be 9 when this one arrives. Also terrified of how it will change our dynamics etc.

tomatopuree Mon 04-Dec-17 11:37:49

I have a 21 year old and a 3 year old.

The going back to parenthood was fun. I'm enjoying it more this time around because I have more time and experience than with my first.

It's not all dreamworld stuff. But I do love my children even though they are at obviously different stages

Hulaballoo Mon 04-Dec-17 15:27:53

Similar boat..2DDs ...9 but soon 10 and 7... Went into mothercare and just shocked at how pushchairs/carseats have all evolved and pricier... Definitely feels like starting again...7 year age gap and 10 year gap 😳 not taking dc yet though... It's going to be a big change!

BertieBotts Mon 04-Dec-17 15:31:43

Following as TTC with a 9yo

spearo21 Mon 04-Dec-17 15:36:12

I'm also in the same boat! DS will be 9 in Feb and I am due in January 2018. I can't believe how much things have changed in those years and it defo will feel like I am starting over again but hoping that it will be easier this time as I am more experienced this time round.

SundayLunchHappy Mon 04-Dec-17 16:39:00

My sister is 9 years my senior and was a little mum to me growing up. She now has two dc's with a 7 year gap and it's a similar relationship. Now we're both painfully old adults, we're close and the gap is irrelevant.

Congratulations!

BigBaboonBum Mon 04-Dec-17 16:48:53

My eldest is 11 and it’s lovely to see how excited and willing to help with baby he is!

CinnamonAndSpice Mon 04-Dec-17 17:30:58

My DS will be 12.5 when baby no 2 comes..
And it is literally starting again
Luckily I think where he's older and does alot of his own thing.. Mum's not cool to be seen with lol. It makes it a bit easier so to speak.
The hardest part would prob be juggling after school clubs and not just whizzing out to collect in minutes if dps not home. It's preparing a baby to go out to but it should be fine.

makeitpink Mon 04-Dec-17 17:47:38

So I started this thread and then forgot blush so sorry I haven't replied all day!! Yes DS's both know told them last week. Youngest cried and said he didn't like me any more. Eldest is very excited no one can knock him off his top spot to be getting another sibling. I'm just generally bricking it lol. Feel like I've forgotten everything!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now